Looking for a park setup for a giant - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a park setup for a giant

I've been starting to ride park more lately and as my current board is stiff as hell and not that great in the park, i'm looking to invest in a good park setup.
I'm 6'5'' 235 pounds and have size 15 feet.
right now im riding a 166 endeavor BOD, its not a wide board and my feet just barely fit on it, so does anyone think i can get away with a non wide park board? I was thinking of a rockered board but they don't seem to be coming in wide on any of the ones i've seen.
i am looking to get the smallest board i can, its going to be for jibbing and small jumps, nothing over 15-20ft.
as for bindings i've heard good things about rome 390's but any other suggestions are welcome.

edit: forgot to say, im a strong/intermediate rider

any help is appreciated

Last edited by BigC_ 13; 01-04-2009 at 11:32 PM.
BigC_ 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Why not just get a wide short park board, being short is fine for park but heel/toe drag n hang would suck... then again not sure a short wide board would be wide enough, I know many companies make some 15ish with 260 or close to that waist width, however I think you'd need more for size 15's.. curious whats the width of your current ride.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

i cant find the specs on the 08 BOD anywhere, but i want to say it was around 25.3 or so. Can't compare it to this years either because their only making up to 161's this year
Old 01-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're probably going to want a waist width of 265+

The length you can go pretty short since its just for park.

Check out the Lib Tech Dark Series (wide), Nitro Misfit (wide) Nitro team(wide) they seem to run wider... the Misfit wide is a whopping 266 ww for a 155

Last edited by Jenzo; 01-05-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

think i can go all the way down to a 155?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC_ 13 View Post
think i can go all the way down to a 155?
I weigh about what you weigh and my park board is 151.. depends what you're doing if you want stability for big jumps go bigger, if you're doing rails/spins go smaller. Of course it'll be useless for anything else, but a short board sure is fun in the park.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

a friend i was just talking to suggested a capita stairmaster 156W or the stairmaster extreme 156w, anyone ridden either of these?

edit: also does anyone know how Burton boots fit in Rome bindings, I've know burton boots + binding pairs have the best fit together, but i was wondering how well Burton Moto's would fit in rome 390's if i were to get them.
No local shops near me carry rome, thats why i'm asking because i'm going to have to order online if i get them.

Last edited by BigC_ 13; 01-05-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
kyouness

capita makes great park boards. the stairmaster would be your general jib board, albeit a bit stiffer so you still have some pop (i ollied over my friends' heads tonight a little down the slope while they were sitting and chatting). the stairmaster extreme has some added tech in it for extra pop and speed but it's a little less friendly on rails i'd imagine.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC_ 13 View Post
a friend i was just talking to suggested a capita stairmaster 156W or the stairmaster extreme 156w, anyone ridden either of these?
I've got a Stairmaster 156W. For reference, I'm 6'3", 215lbs, size 11 boots - and I think the board is a bit too stiff/long to be a jib specific board. I can press it, but not monster, tail a foot up in the air, presses. At your weight though, you may really like it. The thing can take a beating and 1/2 without getting messed up, and has decent pop too.

I'd say that even a 26cm waist width would be too small for size 15 gun boats. You could pick up some Salomon F20 boots (they have a heel/toe profile of a size 14 boot) to help out a bit though.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
I've got a Stairmaster 156W. For reference, I'm 6'3", 215lbs, size 11 boots - and I think the board is a bit too stiff/long to be a jib specific board. I can press it, but not monster, tail a foot up in the air, presses. At your weight though, you may really like it. The thing can take a beating and 1/2 without getting messed up, and has decent pop too.

I'd say that even a 26cm waist width would be too small for size 15 gun boats. You could pick up some Salomon F20 boots (they have a heel/toe profile of a size 14 boot) to help out a bit though.
ya i'm looking for a board that still has some pop in it for smaller jumps, so its starting to look like the stairmaster is the way to go.

I doubt i'll be able to come up with enough extra cash for a new pair of boots this year, im stretching my bdget as far as i can just to get this gear.
I'll measure the board i have right now to see what the waist is on it, its measured from the centre of the board right?