Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Looking for a Never Summer (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/111129-looking-never-summer.html)

NickShake 12-12-2013 01:47 AM

Looking for a Never Summer

Not necessarily looking to buy one from you guys but Im curious as to what NS I should get when the time comes. I havent been on the "equipment shopping" scene in a while so I dont really remember whats what anymore. I basically already have a pretty stiff board and I want something really bendy and thats just made for the park. Any suggestions?

Zedekias 12-12-2013 02:54 AM

NS Evo. Or revolver if you have big feet.

Mystery2many 12-12-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedekias (Post 1333017)
NS Evo. Or revolver if you have big feet.

That ^^^. But if you want something you can ride all mountain but take a few laps in the park. SL. Or Proto.

NickShake 12-12-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystery2many (Post 1333041)
That ^^^. But if you want something you can ride all mountain but take a few laps in the park. SL. Or Proto.

So with the EVO I would have a hard time taking it all over the mountain? and could you tell me the differences between the SL and Proto?
Also I have a size 11 boot so Im not entirely sure whether or not that would cause toe drag on a 251mm length.

NSSL 12-12-2013 07:27 AM

I would take a look at the late release Ripsaw.

snowklinger 12-12-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickshake (Post 1332969)
i basically already have a pretty stiff board and i want something really bendy and thats just made for the park. Any suggestions?

+

Quote:

Originally Posted by nssl (Post 1333265)
i would take a look at the late release ripsaw.

=

no.

kctahoe 12-12-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickShake (Post 1333241)
So with the EVO I would have a hard time taking it all over the mountain? and could you tell me the differences between the SL and Proto?
Also I have a size 11 boot so Im not entirely sure whether or not that would cause toe drag on a 251mm length.

The evo handles just fine all over the mountain, but obviously something like the proto or SL would be better

jdang307 12-12-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickShake (Post 1333241)

It'll go all over the mountain. It just wont go really fast all over the mountain. It's not a noodle, but softer. It will absolutely chatter when going fast, and over bumpy terrain. It's a soft board.

NickShake 12-12-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowklinger (Post 1333385)
+

=

no.

Lmao thats exactly what I was thinking when I looked at the board. Haha

Ok thanks guys so, its pretty much between the Proto and the SL. If I was to say with this board it would be like 65 park/ 35 mountain which would be a better choice between the 2?

Mystery2many 12-12-2013 03:13 PM

If your really gonna spend most of your time in the park the Evo is the best choice. What are you looking to get out of this next board? The Evo can ride the whole mountain just fine but it's a softer board than the other two. It really just depends on what you want out of your ride.

If I were gonna spend a ton of time in the park I wouldn't have bought the Proto. It's fun in the park but I just cut thru the park on my way down.