best overall park board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gnar Gnar

Default best overall park board

what are some of the best overall park boards to get
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

i think thats a pretty controversial question it depends on your riding style and personal opinion because there isnt one board thats the best
but my opinion is that rome makes good park boards like the artifact and graft for rails and jumps
nitroboarder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gnar Gnar

ya, the only thing about that is that the bronze edging makes it harder to just ride on packed stuff. but what board is a good all around board that is mainly good in park but can shred the whole mountain and freestyle stuff good
Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

My first real board was a burton seven that I got three years ago. I rode regular mountain trails on it the first year then went to about one fourth park and now this year I ride a little more then half park. I got a burton custom for mountain ridig and use the seven fir the park days. Personally I love it it has Moderate flex is very light and versitile. Pop off jumps on it is also amazing. Besides the proformance features I like it because not many people have. I never thought that it was a great park board until I progressed more and more in the park. Some of my friends who are even more advanced in the park were riding with Me when they asked what board I had and I said a seven and they were begging me to try it out (they were riding Rome grafts and another Rome park board can't remember) it made me feel pretty good that they wanted to try it so bad
mtmgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I ride the k2 darkstar and because it's one of the best park boards on the market. The K2 jibpan is also top notch. There are quite a few choices. It really comes down to what specs you need.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

yeah man there are so many different types of park riding you can do, but I will say +1 for the Jibpan. I have the 07/08 and it's served me well all-mountain as well as in the park.
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnar Gnar View Post
ya, the only thing about that is that the bronze edging makes it harder to just ride on packed stuff. but what board is a good all around board that is mainly good in park but can shred the whole mountain and freestyle stuff good
The edges on the arifact do get fawked pretty easy but if you know how to ride a board it doesn't matter that much. I ride an artifact and barely touch the park, but I HAUL ASS on it everywhere I go and the jacked edges dont slow me down or make life very hard. I can bomb the thing through pow without a problem either. Im not sure what your conditions are but I don't see too much ice here in Colorado, ice may present a problem with the bronze edges and how easily they get ruined. With that said I was shooting for a jibpan but found my artifact for 200 bucks so I had to take it.

Last edited by Mr. Right; 01-08-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

K2 Darkstar, K2 Jibpan, Bataleon Jam, Capita Stairmaster, NeverSummer Evo, Gnu Street.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
KC KONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
The edges on the arifact do get fawked pretty easy but if you know how to ride a board it doesn't matter that much. I ride an artifact and barely touch the park, but I HAUL ASS on it everywhere I go and the jacked edges dont slow me down or make life very hard. I can bomb the thing through pow without a problem either. Im not sure what your conditions are but I don't see too much ice here in Colorado, ice may present a problem with the bronze edges and how easily they get ruined. With that said I was shooting for a jibpan but found my artifact for 200 bucks so I had to take it.
i ride an artifact and i mainly ride in missouri. 1hr north of KC. Its a tiny mt called snowcreek. Its always ice and the only problem i have is adjusting befor a box or rail to make sure i am lined up. Happenes every now and then to where i just cant get striaght on. But my friend rides the same board and he filed down his edges.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
sacrifice

im riding a rome agent and couldnt be happier. im going to buy an artifact also when i get the money. rome makes some amazing gear.