Need Help/Advice Choosing Between 2 Boards! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need Help/Advice Choosing Between 2 Boards!

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a new board this year, but need some help choosing. I currently ride a 2010 Rome Artifact 1985 (sz150), and love the buttery smooth feeling you get when you ride it. However, I am typically more into jumps than jibbing (I choose jumps over jib features, but will definitely hit a couple jumps and still hit some rails before or afterwards if the park is set up to make this possible). The flex in the Artifact is nice and fun, but I tend to lose control of my board, especially at higher speeds, and often either bail/fall or have my board was out from under me on bigger sized jumps. Also have noticed the bigger the jump the harder time it is to stick the landing. I mainly ride park, especially where I live in the icy Midwest (Chicago) area, but I also enjoy just cruising the mountain and going down some more aggressive black diamond type runs, as well as some backcountry and bowls, when I fly out West (Colorado/Utah).

I have looked around and after lots of research have narrowed it down to 2 boards. I have decided to try something new (new brand, new technology, bigger size). Now I need some help and advice choosing between these boards, to find a board that is best suited for my style of riding. Here are the 2 boards I am trying to choose between, and some basic key technology behind them:

-2014 DC Mega (sz153):
-DC's "Lock & Load Camber"(Flat-Camber-Flat): traditional camber midsection with longer contact points, creating flat/stable platform
-Fresh Deck Top Sheet: sealed natural wood top sheet adds the same poppy feel you get from a skate deck
-Sintered Supreme Base: high density sintered base with porous surface and stonegrind finish (firm, fast, low-friction, durable)
-Stratus (wood) Core: vertically laminated 100% poplar wood core is sporty, lightweight and maintains good pop
-Bi-ax Fiberglass: 2 directions of glass fibers woven tightly together for a forgiving/torsionally flexible ride (loose/buttery ride)
-Twin Shape
-Flex: 7.5/10
-Maneuverability: 7/10
-Camber +6
-Terrain: Freestyle/Park, All-Mountain

-2014 DC Lauri Pro (sz153):
-Micro Camber(Camber-Flat-Camber): flat through center with +1.5mm positive camber outside of the insert packs (with Camber Core, you get the feel/pop of full camber board with forgiveness/pow float of flat board)
-Fresh Deck Top Sheet: sealed natural wood top sheet adds the same poppy feel you get from a skate deck
-Sintered Supreme Base: high density sintered base with porous surface and stonegrind finish (firm, fast, low-friction, durable)
-Stratus (wood) Core: vertically laminated 100% poplar wood core is sporty, lightweight and maintains good pop
-Quadrax Fiberglass: 4 directions of glass fibers woven tightly together giving the board a smooth/stable ride
-Camber Core Technology
-Twin Shape
-Flex: 7/10
-Maneuverability: 8/10
-Terrain: Freestyle/Park, All-Mountain
snwbrdr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 03:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hard to say but I would go for the Lauri. But they both look pretty good to me so either one will work.
Rasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasse View Post
Hard to say but I would go for the Lauri. But they both look pretty good to me so either one will work.
Why would you personally go for the Lauri? Overall they seem like very similar boards. The Mega looks to me like more of a park focused board, while the Lauri seems like more of an all around board.
snwbrdr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

I was wondering what board should i go with between a 156cm capita defenders of awsome(2014) and a lib tech attack banana 161 cm (2013). I am 6'1 175. I'm from Québec canada so mainly just groomers and park but I enjoy going in the glades too!
Nick21 is offline   Reply With Quote