How much to bindings change from season to season? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
apv211

Default How much to bindings change from season to season?

I recently got new boots, and my old bindings are too large. I was hunting around the store and tried my boots in some Rome 390s, and they fit great, and I've never really heard anything bad about the 390s. They have a pair from last season for $114, or the new ones are $210. My question is how much do bindings really change from season to season? Is it worth it to just go for the new model since I'll probably be using them for 3-4 years?

Also, I ride an 06/07 Burton Air 153, and Ride Orion boots. I ride mostly mountain, with some park runs thrown in there but nothing too crazy, and i thoroughly enjoy goofing around and buttering.

Thanks,
Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think it depends... On my Rome Targa's, the only difference I think (besides the graphics) is that added the autostrap to the toe strap as well. So you get 2 autostraps vs one...
EvoKnvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It depends on the year. Sometimes it's just colors, while other times it's small things like ratchets or padding, while other times it's major changes like baseplates, highbacks, etc...

I bought last season's 390 this year, and it seems to be almost identical to this season's. The only thing I see missing is the little rubber/elastic strap that pulls the anklestrap back when you unstrap.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

They made the 390 ankles strap ridiculously soft. It feels like a huge gummy worm.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
apv211

Thanks everybody, I haven't decided on which yet because I'm not all that syked about the white/bronze color on the ones from last season. I did notice the extra padding, but I doubt they're different enough for me to notice
Old 01-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I know the ones you're talking about. They look ok online, but pretty ugly in real life. I got the black with lime green accents. Wouldn't be my top choice, but for the sale price I couldn't complain.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote