I flip-flopped. I want a Bataleon. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I flip-flopped. I want a Bataleon.

Now the question is, which to get?

Weight: 125 (130+ with gear)
Boot size: 9
Riding style: Want an everything board. Pow, Park, Groomers, Pipe, etc.

I'm deciding between The Jam and Goliath. The Jam comes in 153 minimum, and the Goliath comes in 149 minimum. Bataleon calls the Goliath their "all around everything freestyle stick". So I'm thinking I should go with the 149 Goliath given my weight. I could center the stance, and since it's a shorter board, it might act like a 153 Jam. I say this because BurtonAvenger gave a review on the Goliath that said it was more of a freeride geared board. Aside from how weight affects control over the length and stiffness of a board, can't you slightly change the dynamic of the board by either centering the stance or relaxing the stance back? If my logic is correct, I should probably go with the Goliath 149. Is my thinking correct here? What do you guys recommend?

Along with this I'll grab some Union bindings and thirtytwo Unleashed boots I think. Do Unions tend to cut off circulation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Bump. Can anyone help me here? I think I can grab the Bataleon from the shop that I got my hero from.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:40 PM

I believe the Jam is stiffer according to the charts. I went with The Jam since all I do is freeride... You might also want to look at the riot?
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

BurtonAvenger rated the goliath as a more freeride board. But they both have mid flex, so really I probably can't go wrong either way. I'm just wondering if my logic is correct about board dynamics. i'm also wondering if their TBT tech is what it's cracked up to be. It sounds like the smartest technology out of any i've seen so far.

Last edited by phile00; 01-07-2009 at 03:27 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:46 PM

2008-2009 BOARD RANGE | BATALEON SNOWBOARDS | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.

At the bottom, it shows the stiffness rating. Yes they are both rated midflex, but the Goliath is rated a 5, vs the Jam is a 7. I think you'd be better off w/ the Goliath.

The TBT tech is swet. I can't catch an edge if I wanted to. Edge to edge is smooth. I like it a lot...
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Oh sweet, i saw that there were specs but didn't really pay attention to them. I think you're right though, I'm going with the Goliath. Just curious, are you saying I should go with that board and size because of my weight? Because that's what I was thinking.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
Oh sweet, i saw that there were specs but didn't really pay attention to them. I think you're right though, I'm going with the Goliath. Just curious, are you saying I should go with that board and size because of my weight? Because that's what I was thinking.
I was saying just go with that board because of your style of riding. I'm about 140 and I ride a 153 Jam... The 149 would probably be best for you...
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
The Jam is going to be stiffer, and is the one I would choose out of the two. Both should work fine for all-mountain use. The Goliath is cheaper though. I'd say go for the Goliath, see if you like TBT and then maybe get another board in the future.

16 Gnu Swallow Tail Carver . 16 NS West . 15 NS Snowtrooper BIA
16 Burton Genesis X . 15 Now Drive
16 Flow Talon . 14 Flow Hylite
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
The Jam is going to be stiffer, and is the one I would choose out of the two. Both should work fine for all-mountain use. The Goliath is cheaper though. I'd say go for the Goliath, see if you like TBT and then maybe get another board in the future.
If they made the Jam in 149, I probably would have gotten it. I went for the Goliath though. I'm getting it tomorrow
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:21 AM

Congrats on your new purchase. I'm sure you'll love it. Took me a couple runs to get used to it, but it's all golden now...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode