I flip-flopped. I want a Bataleon. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default I flip-flopped. I want a Bataleon.

Now the question is, which to get?

Weight: 125 (130+ with gear)
Boot size: 9
Riding style: Want an everything board. Pow, Park, Groomers, Pipe, etc.

I'm deciding between The Jam and Goliath. The Jam comes in 153 minimum, and the Goliath comes in 149 minimum. Bataleon calls the Goliath their "all around everything freestyle stick". So I'm thinking I should go with the 149 Goliath given my weight. I could center the stance, and since it's a shorter board, it might act like a 153 Jam. I say this because BurtonAvenger gave a review on the Goliath that said it was more of a freeride geared board. Aside from how weight affects control over the length and stiffness of a board, can't you slightly change the dynamic of the board by either centering the stance or relaxing the stance back? If my logic is correct, I should probably go with the Goliath 149. Is my thinking correct here? What do you guys recommend?

Along with this I'll grab some Union bindings and thirtytwo Unleashed boots I think. Do Unions tend to cut off circulation?
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Bump. Can anyone help me here? I think I can grab the Bataleon from the shop that I got my hero from.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

I believe the Jam is stiffer according to the charts. I went with The Jam since all I do is freeride... You might also want to look at the riot?
EvoKnvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

BurtonAvenger rated the goliath as a more freeride board. But they both have mid flex, so really I probably can't go wrong either way. I'm just wondering if my logic is correct about board dynamics. i'm also wondering if their TBT tech is what it's cracked up to be. It sounds like the smartest technology out of any i've seen so far.

Last edited by phile00; 01-07-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

2008-2009 BOARD RANGE | BATALEON SNOWBOARDS | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.

At the bottom, it shows the stiffness rating. Yes they are both rated midflex, but the Goliath is rated a 5, vs the Jam is a 7. I think you'd be better off w/ the Goliath.

The TBT tech is swet. I can't catch an edge if I wanted to. Edge to edge is smooth. I like it a lot...
Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Oh sweet, i saw that there were specs but didn't really pay attention to them. I think you're right though, I'm going with the Goliath. Just curious, are you saying I should go with that board and size because of my weight? Because that's what I was thinking.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
Oh sweet, i saw that there were specs but didn't really pay attention to them. I think you're right though, I'm going with the Goliath. Just curious, are you saying I should go with that board and size because of my weight? Because that's what I was thinking.
I was saying just go with that board because of your style of riding. I'm about 140 and I ride a 153 Jam... The 149 would probably be best for you...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Jam is going to be stiffer, and is the one I would choose out of the two. Both should work fine for all-mountain use. The Goliath is cheaper though. I'd say go for the Goliath, see if you like TBT and then maybe get another board in the future.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
The Jam is going to be stiffer, and is the one I would choose out of the two. Both should work fine for all-mountain use. The Goliath is cheaper though. I'd say go for the Goliath, see if you like TBT and then maybe get another board in the future.
If they made the Jam in 149, I probably would have gotten it. I went for the Goliath though. I'm getting it tomorrow
Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Congrats on your new purchase. I'm sure you'll love it. Took me a couple runs to get used to it, but it's all golden now...