Best Times to Buy?.... in Vancouver - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
halfasemitone

Smile Best Times to Buy?.... in Vancouver

Hi All,

As I get deeper and deeper in knowledge and future debt, I've gathered a bit more info on "when" shops have sales. Here's what I've got so far:

Of course this is in Vancouver BC where I'm from and it's also just what the sales person told me so I'll have to take all of this with a grain of salt.

Sport Mart - February is when they have a big sale. They said they replenish stock then. hmmm.

North Shore Ski and Board - March, but they said that they usually don't have any stock left by that time. Judging by their pricing, that shouldn't be true unless they slash like crazy later cause their prices off the bat are pretty high. Service is the best I've seen so far.

Comor(Hastings) - October This is when they claim to have the best deals because they want to get rid of stock as per usual. Service is good so far, but the person I talked to in the snowboard dept. didn't seem to understand the technology side and the retail trend side of this industry.

The other big event I found is the ski and snowboard swap at BC place. I have little info on that so if anyone can tell me what those are like let me know.

This is all I have so far. Any suggestions? When do you think is the best time to buy?

Thanks ahead to all who read and post. This forum has really made snowboarding info accessible to noobs like me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

I was looking at the Boardroom website today and they've got some gear on sale right now for good prices. Notsure how long the sale will last though it could just be an extended boxing day sale. I have a buddy that used to work there and he still gets the staff discount there so i just get gear through him.
But i got my board from there last year at the end of the season (april) and they were starting to slash their prices on the current years stuff to make room for the next years
BigC_ 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
halfasemitone

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

So to add to the list, Boardroom's big sale is April? or more like end of March.

Does anyone know when the next season designs trickle in?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

All the stores along 4th and Burrard have sales at the end of season (end of March - April) to make room for their summer stuff.

Ski/Snowboard swap at BC place is alright if you're determined to get new gear. If not you just waste $10 to get in and look around.
futurefunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Depending on if you're looking for high end gear or not, the Ski and Snowboard swap didn't have much to look at for high end gear. If it was there it was for regular price. The booths there were all regular price. I thought it was a big waste of money. Mostly low end gear.

The boxing day (week) standard seemed to be 20% off everything for the stores on 4th, which also was the case for those stores i think sometime late october, early november. I remember pacific boarder had an awesome deal that weekend that showcase snowboards opened, where it was $50 off any purchase over $100.

Other than that, it's generally always cheaper to buy online.
604al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
VanBoarderChick

Yeah usually the "turkey" sales in October are the best. But you can also find great deals during Boxing Week and April.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Coastal Riders out in Guildford always has their year-end sale in March or somewhere around there (sign up for their mailing list). They repeat this sale in the fall a couple times, but by then there's barely any stock left.

Option had their warehouse sale in November.

Snow Show / Ski Patrol Ski & Board Swap at BC Place is another time for good deals (i.e. $400 Spyder pants for $200). A bunch of local shops set up shop there, as well as the ski swap (lots of factory wrapped stuff in there, locally fabricated stuff, although good luck on finding the super high end stuff).

Abbotsford Ski Swap blows.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Online.

Daddiesboardshop has boards 30% off now. SEI Sports has some 20% off too.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Online.

Daddiesboardshop has boards 30% off now. SEI Sports has some 20% off too.
Are they a physical location in or around Vancouver?

How is that relevant?

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote