Si bindings & Boot systems - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
MIssak5

Question Si bindings & Boot systems

ok I*ve been out of the Boarding world for like 5 years now..With only making about 2 trips to the Mt. in that time! Ive got K-2 Clicker Plasma bindings...Now after having them for awhile I need new boots. My Hubbie got me a new board for Xmas. And my Bidings will fit on it but i need bigger boots. Ive read some post that said they did away with the Si system. Ive had the strap ins and The clickers I just liked alot better! So I cant Find any boots now that will fit me!!! Im so upset cause I liked how quick the step in system was!! can anyone point me in the direction of new bidings that are quick and easy like step ins...do they even make anything and/ or somewhere i could get new boots..ive been all over ebay and cant find anything in my size! lol believe it or not the guy at the ski shop tells me. "By regular boots and just put the hardwear from your old clicker boots on to the regular boots" i then left and probably wont be back there to shop! lol although..it did make me ponder if it would work lol j/k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
davis

There's a good reason why step-ins went they way of dinosaurs. They suck. Give a real binding a chance. You won't regret it.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, step in bindings don't compare and clickers were some of the worst. Most binders take hardly any time to get into. If you must have quicker access try Flow and K2 models. K2 has the Cinch which operates much like the Flow bindings and the Auto ever which you only have to tighten the ankle strap and it will automatically crank up the toes. Another binder out there is the Ride Contraband, it is more of a freestyle binder, but it does work just fine.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Si and Clickers are a long dead technology. You might want to look into a FLOW binding, K2 Cinch, or some GNU Fastech bindings.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

I see "Kill" beat me to the punch. Anyways, I agree with what he said.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
MIssak5

WOW, i cant believe that the Si is no more!! I can still Remember when i first started boarding. Step ins were all the rage! everyone wanted to have them...although..at that time I was 15, in Highschool & riding a Kempner board my parents got me for xmas one year! lol

So what can anyone tell me about these flow & K2 cinch Bindings? Are the pretty good? What are the differences between the two? do you need special Boots for them or will any regular boots work? im not looking to spend a whole lot either... I really havent been boarding much in the last couple of years.. my hubbie is a skiing guy and the less time it takes me to strap up the less i hear him B*tch about being slow or wasting Mt. time! Thanks
Old 01-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Do a search on this forum and you will find a ton on info of FLOW bindings and some on the others as well.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

I was a poster child for Burton SI. and to this day I swear by the speed factor being a reason for the device. I got the goods by beating out others many, oh so many times. Cut-throat places like Tahoe, JH, Stowe and New Zealand. I've been on 390's ever since SI went off the market. Flow is your answer today.