So... I get to buy two new boards, tomorrow!!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Talking So... I get to buy two new boards, tomorrow!!!

So, the snowboard gods have looked down upon me and decided that I can buy two new snowboards from my local shop!!! I won't go into great detail as to how this happened, but it has and I am stoked!! The brands they carry are Never Summer, Lib Tech, Burton, Olive, Smokin, GNU, Ride, maybe one more smaller brand I am not thinking of. Out of the above brands the only two where solids interest me are Never Summer and Lib Tech. I am thinking since I can get two boards I look at something playful and more a charger type board. I am interested in owning a board that I can take out on a 20cm ish day ride it in the pow before lunch and then ride the same board through the tracked out stuff in the afternoon. I have been researching for like 3 days now and have come up with quite a few combinations so I was hoping to have some input from the sbforums as to what they would do. I have looked through the stock at the shop and they still have pretty much every NS board in my size still as well as most the Lib's, so options are fairly endless. Also keep in mind that I ride up here in Nelson, BC at Whitewater 98% of the time. If the snow ever starts coming it does come often, pretty deep and super light. There is a very good chance that I will never hit a rail in my life and very, very few boxes, though I am eager to start hitting the smaller jumps and working on some basic grabs and 1's this year. I thank you for your time, knowledge and input!
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have limited experience on most of those. I rode a C2BTX GNU for a bit last season. It was a twin, and it was still fairly awesome in moderate pow....I would suggest as a "something playful" you strongly consider getting a twin C2BTX board. Esp if you are looking to start spinning. I found it nice and forgiving when landing slightly off the fall line. Depending what they have in stock, grab something on the lowest end of your size preference for "playful".

and f*ck you for being able to get 2 new boards!

Edit: Lamps brings up a good point...what do you already have?
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

what about getting a true powder board and an all round board. Do you see enough powder to justify that combination?

so powder board is tapered and rockered, and your all round board is probably an rcr twin.

You don't have a real screaming charger in this case, e.g a stiff cambered board but maybe you don't need that, whereas in the east you might want that more so.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
what about getting a true powder board and an all round board. Do you see enough powder to justify that combination?

so powder board is tapered and rockered, and your all round board is probably an rcr twin.

You don't have a real screaming charger in this case, e.g a stiff cambered board but maybe you don't need that, whereas in the east you might want that more so.
I should have mentioned that I currently have a Capita DoA and Charlie Slasher, but could sell one or both after getting the two new ones. Though it could be an idea I am open to anything.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Was there a reason gnu and smokin are no go for you? Gnu is basically libtech and smokin makes solid boards that are similar to libs
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav0011 View Post
Was there a reason gnu and smokin are no go for you? Gnu is basically libtech and smokin makes solid boards that are similar to libs
They carry very little GNU, actually just the GNU Billy Goat for mens, and I already got the split and I just don't know anything about Smokin so its hard to get stoked on them is all I guess.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you wanna stick to those brands I'd go big Lando and small Hot Knife.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would suggest raptor, it's not lively at all but sometimes one can really use a silent ride
Weipim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Crap, almost too many options. For some reason I was thinking like a NS Proto 152 and a T.Rice Pro 157. Though a lot of me really wants a Raptor to just rail through everything. I demo'd a 159cm Raptor and liked it a lot.....lol dude at the shop swears by his Cobra. The Magic Banana also looks like an interesting board.... fuck.... 1st world problems for sure
Old 12-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

By my Raptor and then buy 2 more new boards! 3 new boards SICKK!
nsrider121 is offline   Reply With Quote