Here is a small tip for tight fitting boot. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Here is a small tip for tight fitting boot.

I know this isn't going to help every situation, but it made a huge difference for me. When it comes to boots I am pretty much a 10.5. Last year I bought a pair of Burton Shaun Whites in a size 10. Size 11 is just too big. Long story short, they were a bit tight during the break in period. They never really packed out like the "dealer guy" said they would. The shell sizes up perfect for my foot, but it was the liner that never stretched out enough. My foot would cramp after a long day of riding. I have had the boots for about 2 months, and thought I would make minor adjustments before ditching the boots. My first mod was purchasing some Super Feet insoles. The size insole I purchased was 9.5-11 obviouslsy. So when I lined up the new insole to my original it was a little large. I'm talking just a few centimeters on the out edges and tip. I figured I wouldn't trim the Super Feet right away (just in case I decided to return them). I tried out the insole in my boot, and walk around the apartment a bit. Guess what, the large insole helped to spread out the base of the liner a bit more to give me some additional room. Now the boot fits 100% better. Went out to the hill this weekend, and it was like walking on a cloud. I know this situation may not help in all cases. But it made a hell of a difference for me and I thought it might be worth sharing.
SnoRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 05:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
N~R~G

eww, return your superfeet???

hair dryers work also to stretch out the lining. they can do it at the shop for you (and at the shop on the mountain).
Old 01-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

The damn things are $50. If they don't cut the mustard the store can have them back. Plus trying them out for 20 min. isn't a big deal. No dif than walking around in boots at the story for 20 min. Just think how many pairs of feet are in boots.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
N~R~G

rental boots! ((shudder))
Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

ahhhh... the smell of multiple strangers foot sweat in one enclosed piece of sport equipment. y-u-c-k
Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
krazykay5487

I have size 10.5 Burtons and I just bought some Superfeet and the boots are still tight. Good thing I havent cut them yet, I'm going to give it a try
Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
krazykay5487

I have size 10.5 Burtons and I just bought some Superfeet and the boots are still tight. Good thing I havent cut them yet, I'm going to give it a try
Old 01-12-2009, 01:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Let me get this straight, boots are too tight so you add insoles?
wouldn't that make it tighter?
SnoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Not exactly. What I was trying to explain is the new insole was slightly larger than the original. It widened out the based of the liner which created a little more room. As I mentioned in the beginning of my thread. It is a situation that probably won't apply to some, but it worked for me. I also agree that I could have got the liner packed out more at a shop, which would have ultimately done the same thing. But, it does prove that factory insoles can cause discomfort.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The otehr thing that a goodf oot bed does is maintain the arch of the foot, preventing it from elongating and spreading when weighted

I have tried superfeet, they are good, but yoursole.com footbeds are way better

SOLE Custom Footbeds
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote