Another "what size board" thread - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
galactic_rider

Default Another "what size board" thread

Hi Everyone,
First time posting here.

I'm looking at getting a Burton Series13 CustomX Wide, but can't settle on a length...they come 159, 164 or 168.

I'm 6'5" tall and will be ~205lbs when I lose the holiday padding. I currently ride a Rossignol Levitation 167 Wide, but I think I'd like a shorter board because this one just seems heavy and not as maneuverable as shorter boards I've rented before, so I am leaning toward the 164 length. However, might the 164 be just too short or flexible for my height and weight, will it be hard to keep straight on the flats? Does the 3cm difference from my Rossi make that big of difference? Is the CustomX a kick a$$ board?

At my height I don't do crazy 20 foot jumps but I do do a lot of small ones, also seem to never find powder, ride a lot of groomers, and definitely stay off crazy steeps. But when I do find powder I can always go back to the Rossi.

I just feel like I need some other opinions before I sink a grand into a new board.

Thanks!

g_r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

It's really a toss-up between the 59 and the 64 (weighted towards the 64). Do you want more stability or do you want more room to mess around? Do you rock a wide stance or a more natural stance?

Although I wouldn't recommend the Custom X for straight up messing around on groomers and stuff like that.

Maybe a Custom Wide (ICS or not) 162?

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 01-08-2009 at 03:53 AM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
galactic_rider

Hey thanks for the reply,

Well, I do like a wide stance because I find it gives me a lot more control...my Rossi is more natural stance. I'm not going to be messing around all the time and will be doing lots of freeriding. I like the Rossi for stability and powder but want something easier to trick with. I looked at the weight ratings for that board and the 64 goes up to 210lbs, the 59 only up to 185 so I guess I would be way over for that one. Unfortunately they don't have the Custom Wide available for Series13, but that does seem like a nice board and has a more centred stance. But I guess the CustomX is a little more "premium"?

I think it's gonna be the 64. Sound alright?

Cheers