Which one - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which one

I am trying to decide between 2 boards. Yes, Pick Your Line or a Never Summer, Raptor.

They are both powder orientated quiver killers which is exactly what I am looking for. The PYL has a camber between your feet and the Raptor has rocker between your feet.

I cant seem to make up my mind, I ride a medium sized hill that gets a lot of snow but it can also be bullet proof on occasion. I don't want to get another board for my quiver I want this to be my quiver. I want this to be a jack of all trades, I can't afford and don't want to ride several boards. I want to have a long and fulfilling relationship with this board so I am taking a long ass time deciding, trying to get a lot of peoples input.
wwgk1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

ns all the way over yes, the rc is real playful but down to business, and last alooong time. I had a ns evo (more park) 2 winters ago super tank of a board in terms of quality.. the raptor is real sturdy with stiffer flex pattern. Imo that is.
TRIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

The PYL is more of a traditional which is what I ride now but the Raptor looks like it really utilizes the rocker/camber tech that NS has. And I have a NS dealer in town but YES I would have to order from somewhere
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

What kind of riding do you do? I certainly wouldn't call these boards quiver killers or jack of all trades rides. There are better more all around boards out there that still do well in the pow.
nsrider121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

The hill i ride most gets a lot of snow(they say 41 ft average) with a lot of tree runs and slack country, can get bullet proof in February if they don't get anything new for a week or so. They do get a park with big booters and a boarded cross course but not until the last half of the year after most of the major dumps are done but I dont really ride those much maybe a run or two just to check it out, there is enough in the trees to keep me busy. Not looking for a good all around board, looking for a pow board that will still do well on groomers. Would prefer directional, set back, some sort of goofy side cut, and have some sort of rocker/camber profile.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Burton Sherlock. Not directional but you can of course set the bindings back. Loves powder good on groomers. So-so on ice but you're in BC.

Very deep sidecut too.

I have one and if I lived in bc and only wanted one board it would be my choice for a one boArrd quiver.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote