Boot Pain! please help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
krazykay5487

Default Boot Pain! please help

I have a pair of Burton Freestyles 2008 about 5 min after having the boot on I get a sharp pinching pain on the top of my left foot. Right where the frist and second row of laces are on the inner side of the boot. Its a very intense pain! I also tried on my friends Burton Tributes, same pain but rarely came and not as intense. I check the inner linning and boot to see it there was anything there and I also tried superfeet, nothing has worked. They are brand new boot about 2 full days of riding. Are they just not for me? Do they need to be broken in? Bought them online for a good price...bad idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Don't do the lower lacing up so tight.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
krazykay5487

Thanks for the fast response.
I have tried to lace it loose but I still feel the pain. I going to tough it out and see how it goes. What's the regular break in period?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

If you feel "intense" pain, I would really consider trying something different. When I first got my boots I was over tightening the inner liner as mentioned above, but I was not feeling intense pain, my foot would kinda fall asleep after about 45 min. I just loosened the inner liner and didn't tighten the laces so tight. Intense pain is never a good thing to "toughen" out.Our feet are precious and need to be taken care of. It sounds like your boots are new, so you do have the option to take them back. Did you buy them locally? If so, you don't have to take them back right away if you don't want to, but maybe you should try on more boots. How many pairs of boots did you try before you made your purchase? Intense pain is never good. Being my only 2nd year snowbaording I am fairly new, but from the information I gathered in other posts, most of today's boots don't pack out as much as they used too. So that pain could be there for a while. Best of luck.
SnoRidr is offline   Reply With Quote