Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Neversummer Sl good intermidiate allroundboard? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/112777-neversummer-sl-good-intermidiate-allroundboard.html)

Dutchy 12-18-2013 04:38 PM

Neversummer Sl good intermidiate allroundboard?

Hey all,

I am looking for my frist board. The shop is recommeding me to go for The SL or Legacy.

I am going into my 5th year of boarding once or twice. I surf and wakeboard a lot. I'm confident on most slopes. I Will start boarding more, because my parents moved to switzerland.

I don't do park. Love powder, but won't see that everytime. Groomed slopes and the edges of these.

I am 5'10 and 180 pounds. Boots size 10,5. Is the SL a good board for me? Or do i need the wider Legacy?

Thanks for your time and advice. Other options are also appreciated.

kaborkian 12-18-2013 04:41 PM

Good choice. Don't need wide at 10.5 boots, so SL for you. 180 lbs, I would suggest the 158, especially with no or little park.

If you wanted something that leans a little more in the powder friendly direction, look at the cobra as well.

Edit: not that he sl sucks in pow, just that the cobra is a little better.

MarshallV82 12-18-2013 04:44 PM

Don't get the wider one, you're fine.

Personally, I didn't care for the SL, I went back to riding my old supermodel after a couple weeks. It's a good board though, I think I just like livelier boards and maybe camber better :dunno:.

I'm sure someone will be around soon to spout off other options or their experience with the SL.

jdang307 12-18-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaborkian (Post 1351665)
Good choice. Don't need wide at 10.5 boots, so SL for you. 180 lbs, I would suggest the 158, especially with no or little park.

If you wanted something that leans a little more in the powder friendly direction, look at the cobra as well.

Edit: not that he sl sucks in pow, just that the cobra is a little better.

I personally didn't like the shape of the Cobra. The board itself was fast and I could haul ass. But the short tail in the end got to me. Felt twitchy. You get used to it and a lot of people love it though.

The SL is a fine board to get better on and more comfortable. I was in my second year and still getting used to speed and the SL was great for that. Smooth and damp.

What other brands does that shop carry? Sounds like you just need a medium flex all-mtn board

Dutchy 12-18-2013 04:57 PM

They have nitro and burton. Not big on choice.
There is more shops here though.
Jones is most common. K2 as well.

stan_darsh 12-19-2013 01:57 AM

i'm 5'10" and 165-170lbs. i ride the 158 SL every time there is more than a foot of fresh. i rode it on 27" in wolf creek and i couldn't sink it if i leaned over the nose. tbh it's average on groomers, it's average on everything 'resort' oriented, but in the trees and on fresh snow is where it shines. i haven't tried a dedicated 'pow board,' but in my case, the SL is my dedicated pow board. this is coming from someone in the southern rockies. dry snow, lots of 'early season obstacles'

Mystery2many 12-19-2013 03:11 AM

No wide boards for you EVER! I'm the same weight and I ride/have a SL 158. Bought a proto because I'm more on the freestyle of the all mountain aspect. The SL is literally the smoothest stablest and most durable board I have come across. Not to mention all the other perks like edge hold and how it straight line perfect.

Dutchy 12-19-2013 02:45 PM

Thanks guys!

I'm picking up the 158 2morrow!

Looking forward to it!