Binding shootout!? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Binding shootout!?

Well, let me qualify this thread with the fact that Any bindings/boots I've ever tried have pretty much made my feet go numb. Let me also qualify it with the fact that the first set of bindings to prevent my feet from going numb were Flow Pro S FS bindings.

So, I am considering the following bindings keeping in mind I want reasonably light bindings that are geared toward all-mountain/FS riding, that are supportive in the right places to prevent foot numbness:

Union Force
Flow NXT AT
Rome Targa
Some form of Flux binding...

It's so hard to find technical reviews of bindings. Hopefully you guys can provide some insight into these bindings.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

i can tell you right now everyone is going to say get the unions for price, get the targas cause rome is god, fuck anything by flow. really if you want techinical stats you gotta just go one by one and search, these bindings are the hot thing out right now and all of them have decent write ups just browse around a lil bit. the only thing i can offer is try an REI demo by that i mean buy the Unions ride em for 3 days return em for the flows ride em return them for the Romes and so on and so forth till you find what you like and keep em. REIs incredible return policy makes this possible
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
i can tell you right now everyone is going to say get the unions for price, get the targas cause rome is god, fuck anything by flow. really if you want techinical stats you gotta just go one by one and search, these bindings are the hot thing out right now and all of them have decent write ups just browse around a lil bit. the only thing i can offer is try an REI demo by that i mean buy the Unions ride em for 3 days return em for the flows ride em return them for the Romes and so on and so forth till you find what you like and keep em. REIs incredible return policy makes this possible
It's unfortunate that everyone hates flows. =/ Anyhow, that's a good idea, I might do that with REI. What bindings do you run?

Price isn't a factor for me. I wonder how comfortable the Targas are? Basically it all boils down to the the fact that if all of the bindings I'm interested in are similar in performance and weight, logically I'll go with the flows. But that's the question I guess.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
jimmerjammermrk

Flows are alright, but IMHO they just don't perform as well as a standard strap-in binding. Take that with a grain of salt though, as the only Flows I have used are a pretty old model.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have the new rome targas and they are sooo amazing. So many options and they are amazingly comfortoable. Id say go for the targas if you have the cash they are worth it. My Cartels made my feet go numb but these are just pressure against your foot not cutting off circulation at all
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know they aren't on your list but ride delta mvmnts are really nice I just got them they are super comfy and lock your foot in wihout having to tighten very much because the ankle straps almost totally wrap around your boot. They also have an amazing durable construction while still being very light. Other then them I have heard great things about the Rome targas and 390's. I think any of these would be a great choice
mtmgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmgiants View Post
I know they aren't on your list but ride delta mvmnts are really nice I just got them they are super comfy and lock your foot in wihout having to tighten very much because the ankle straps almost totally wrap around your boot. They also have an amazing durable construction while still being very light. Other then them I have heard great things about the Rome targas and 390's. I think any of these would be a great choice
I'll have to check those out. I'm up for anything that holds my foot in without squeezing out the blood
Old 01-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah check out the deltas they have gone above and beyond my expectations. Plus you can get last years for only 120 if you search google shopping or spadout.com I don't see much of a difference between last years and this years except for colors. I got the dfc edition that are white with some lime green really clean and good looking. The dfc edition is supposidly more for park,supposed to be more flexable but from people I have talked to there's really no difference if not one at all
mtmgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm not a snowboard guru or anything, but from the two seasons of researching, reading, and learning .. I think that from now on, unless another manufacturer tops up, I'm going to stick with Ride and Rome when it comes to bindings. I know this doesn't help much, but this is just something I feel I had to say.
DragonXero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
It's unfortunate that everyone hates flows. =/ Anyhow, that's a good idea, I might do that with REI. What bindings do you run?

Price isn't a factor for me. I wonder how comfortable the Targas are? Basically it all boils down to the the fact that if all of the bindings I'm interested in are similar in performance and weight, logically I'll go with the flows. But that's the question I guess.
i myself ride the new burton missions, most people hate them but i love em. moderately priced love the toe strap and the ankle strap has a gel insert so no ankle fatigue
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote