Board ID Help / Never Summer Evo or EvoR - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board ID Help / Never Summer Evo or EvoR

Kind of a weird question I am sure. I have a few boards I am selling for those of you that didn't see a previous post by me. This one kind of has me stumped. A Never Summer board with a die cut vinyl sticker - no graphics on the front of the board (which i am sure you can tell). The only markings on the side of the board are 158 007. Being a rookie at measuring boards, I decided to go with the waist measurement to help try and ID the board. Waist measurement I received was 25.5 if measuring contact waist, or 24.5 if measuring top plate waist.

The only reference I could find to this board, or even a picture looking like it was from shayboarder in a review of the 2008/2009 Never Summer Evo-R, where her review board had no graphics but just the die cut vinyl.

From what I found online, the measurements for the Evo-R in a 2008/2009 model for a 158 board are:
Waist 25.3
Edge 123
Sidecut Vario 710
Tip/Tail 29.8

Has anyone seen a board like this in their comings/goings?

Last edited by allaboutjo; 12-19-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Wrong measurement
allaboutjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm curious where you got this board from...
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
Same place u get ur sheep?

Last edited by cozmo; 12-19-2013 at 09:10 AM.
cozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
Board was given to me for consignment selling purposes. Is there a reason for the curiosity? it has me kind of stumped that no other markings can be found on it. There is a little bit of chaffing along the tail/nose but no binding markings that you would see from a typical ridden board. I would think it has been rode less than 2 hours if at all.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Lots of boards get stolen and then sold on the interweb, thats why.
Looks like ur right in that its never been ridden though.
cozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmo View Post
Lots of boards get stolen and then sold on the interweb, thats why.
Looks like ur right in that its never been ridden though.
I can promise that board was rightfully purchased by consignor when the door to the storage locker was raised.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutjo View Post
Board was given to me for consignment selling purposes. Is there a reason for the curiosity? it has me kind of stumped that no other markings can be found on it. There is a little bit of chaffing along the tail/nose but no binding markings that you would see from a typical ridden board. I would think it has been rode less than 2 hours if at all.
So it sounds like you won them at auction? Fair enough. Not trying to offend but you're new here and you're first two threads are about used boards, both posts mentioning how you're trying to sell a bunch of boards but really no details on how you got them. You're first post is also asking about how we rate/gauge used snowboards and what to look for when buying these, also throwing up a red flag that you don't know much about snowboard tech or even snowboarding in general. All I'm saying is your approach here is fishy.

That being said, it looks like a blank Neversummer Circuit from 2007 or 2008. I'm going off of about 5 minutes of google searching, the base colorway and the shape. So take it for what its worth. It looks like it might have been a test board or one that was made without the typical graphics. Potentially a rare board but again...I would confirm this with someone who knows NS (and I'm not that person).
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

No pun taken. I can understand where the approach would fishy. I would take the same outlook on some forums where I am a member. Yeah, boards were purchased at a storage auction. The consignor finally decided to consign the boards with me to throw up on eBay. There were 5 never summer boards and 1 Ride Timeless board. All about the same general size 151 - 158 depending.

I decided to do some more digging and actually contacted NS in reference to this board. One of the guys at the company was more than willing to help out with information giving me everything I needed to know about the board. Talking it over with him on the phone, it is a 08/09 prototype board which he seems to think was the SL-R (rocker / camber). The 007 of course would mean it was the 7th produced of the prototype boards. Looking at the board a little closer, I think I am safe to say that this have never seen snow.

Did some more digging in reference to the boards / equipment that we got. Seems like a skate / ski / and swim shop here in Maryland went out of business and this was some of the inventory from the business. I have listed about 10 skatedecks online for the consignor and 5 of the 6 boards are going live this evening. This would be the 6th board to go live.

I was going to try and sell on here, but figured being a new member, the red flags may have gone off, so decided to stick with my contract and list them on eBay. I appreciate the help that the community has given me. Some of the members are definitely helpful in the aspect of newbie, which is exactly what I am. I have always wanted to try, but just never really found the time. Some slopes nearby (or within a few hour drive from us) that are supposedly pretty decent.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well there ya go. Slap some binders on that sob and rip it up!

Season Over. 23.
But they were great days.
The Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

I think slapping binders on this board would be overkill for a starter board. i would hate to damage something so nice.