User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Snowboard

Hello Everyone! This is my first Post.

I recently took snowboarding back up after a 10 year hiatus from the sport! I bought a Rossignol Angus Amptek (2013) and I'm loving it. It's actually like riding a bike. I've been out twice so far and both times it felt like I never stopped riding.

My question is in regards to the edges on my board. I'm really enjoying how they are angled right now. From my past experience, I would often bring my board into a shop to get sharpened only to get it back and be displeased that the tuning had changed. So basically, what is the factory default that my board is set to? Are both the side and base edge just 90 degrees? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I'd be tempted to just contact Rossi directly. You may get 16 different answers here. I know my board (non-Rossi) came with a 2 and 0.5 deg bevels from the factory and it hooks up HARD!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I have contacted Rossi for the very same question and was told that all of their boards go out with a 1 degree bevel.

That means that there is a bevel of one degree on the base edge and an 91 degree bevel on the side edges.

Get it. Wax it. Ride it.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
I have contacted Rossi for the very same question and was told that all of their boards go out with a 1 degree bevel.

That means that there is a bevel of one degree on the base edge and an 91 degree bevel on the side edges.
So if I went into the shop and asked by board to be sharpened with a "1 degree bevel" they would, hopefully, know what I'm talking about and be able to do this for me? Thanks!

Also, since I'm trying to understand what that all means.... Is the side edge sharpened to 90 degrees while the base edge is sharpened to 91 degrees in order to obtain a 1 degree bevel?

OR

does that mean that the base edge is sharpened to 91 degrees while the side edge is sharpened to 89 degrees? Very confusing stuff for a newbie.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 12:04 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode