Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Not loving my NS SL (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/113041-not-loving-my-ns-sl.html)

henry06x 12-20-2013 03:20 AM

Not loving my NS SL

So last year I purchased a NS SL as a more versatile slightly larger board when I trip to larger resorts. So far I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would. I don't think it's the boards fault, but more that I just don't ride it enough to get use to the profile and comfortable on it. My board I ride probably 90+% of the time is my Academy Propaganda rev that is flat with a raised tip and tail. I also have a slightly smaller ride kink that has a very similar profile. In Ohio there isn't anything big enough, fast enough, or deep enough to max out my propaganda. Only when I travel out west every year do I really need something bigger. So my question is should I just keep the SL and spend my first day of my short trip getting use it again and not really get super comfortable on it or should I just sell it and get something with a profile more comparable to the propaganda. I was thinking like a last year Ride machete or DH2 or maybe Rossignal one Magtek if so.
Not sure how much of a difference the machete would be. As far as I know it's very similar to the kink maybe just a hair stiffer which is basically how my propaganda is just with no carbon rods.

LightninSVT 12-20-2013 04:35 AM

Good luck selling it. I've been trying to sell my Legacy to friends, craigslist and this forum with no luck. I'd say buy something you're comfortable on. Personally I'm gonna stick with camber or a flat profile, I don't like the feeling of rocker between the bindings.

Mystery2many 12-20-2013 04:51 AM

If your not digging how it rides it's probably just not for you. If there was a one board rules all then no other board company could survive. But truth is we all have different styles, likes and preferences. I would sell it and keep looking for a board that hits the nail on the head.

Lightningsloth 12-20-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightninSVT (Post 1356185)
Good luck selling it. I've been trying to sell my Legacy to friends, craigslist and this forum with no luck. I'd say buy something you're comfortable on. Personally I'm gonna stick with camber or a flat profile, I don't like the feeling of rocker between the bindings.

Yeah I bought a Legacy two seasons ago, and sold it after riding it maybe 6 times. I hated the RC profile it had. Went to a Ride Machete, which I liked better, but still wasn't satisfied. Went back to my old Lamar camber snowboard of 10+ years ago for the first day this season, and had a great time.

yimingration 12-20-2013 12:19 PM

Same. I owned my SL for 2 years, only rode it about 5 times. Sold it last week and picked up a Custom X to replace it. Super excited for it!! :D:D

jnagy8 12-20-2013 12:40 PM

I'm doing the same right now with my NS Evo It's for sale. Awesome board, I just don't feel the same riding it as I do riding my rockered Rome board.

scotty100 12-20-2013 12:47 PM

I learned on a rocker board but moving to a camrock profile was a total revelation.

Do we think we are nearing the tipping point on rocker? At least between the bindings anyway...seems a lot more general comments recently on dudes not liking the bend profile plus camber is back in a more prominent way for a lot of companies this year. I wonder if NS will ever produce anything with a camrock profile?

jdang307 12-20-2013 12:57 PM

Sell it on Ebay. Lose a little on charges but not much.

Everybody will have their preference. Everyone on camber would be boring. Choices are always good. Rocker revolution made everyone scramble for new tech, and now you have new camber profiles such as lifted, camrock etc.

They all have pluses and minuses (I'm not digging flat so far ...) so pick what you like and ride it. Or pick two. That's what quivers are for!

linvillegorge 12-20-2013 12:58 PM

Everything goes in cycles. Camber, then rocker/camber, then camber with rockered tips, TBT, etc. There's a ton of different camber profiles, sidecuts, shapes, etc. out there and people are going to have different preferences. Figure out what works for you and go with it. Try out different shit every now and then to see if there's something out there you might like better. There's no real right or wrong answer. Different strokes for different folks.

ICary 12-20-2013 01:00 PM

Having the Kink, Machete, and Buck Up (this years DH2) they all have a slightly different profile. The big one being the DH2 which has a little bit of camber in between your bindings then flattens out and tip and tail raise. To me the Machete was a tad stiff for my likings but my Buck Up is a nice flex in the tip and tail but solid underneath me for super fast stable speeds. Held a nice edge on my icy slopes. I think if you like the flat profile to go with the Machete to be similar to your other board. Considering you have a Kink i think it would be happy in the quiver. If you want the feel of camber but a little flat line profile i think the DH2 would suit you well. Definitely a different feel riding it thou so its going to take some getting use too. I hope i helped.