board given to me - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default board given to me

i was given a salomon w5-164 board. i snowboard every year and just rent. i was gona buy some boots to go with it but i have big feet i wear size 13, weigh 200lbs and i'm 6'3. i have no idea about snowboards and sizing. does anybody have any idea if my boots would be too big for that board? i dont wana get like the toes draggin in the snow.do you know anything about this board, from what i gather its an old free ride board. i'm going to telluride and durango colorado in two weeks. was lookin at just bringing the board and buying stuff up north for it,i live in florida and go ride once a year.. any thoughts considerations would be good. any idea on the flex on the board also if anybody has rode one... whats the differences in an older board like that compared to a new one now. would i better renting a board (quality wise)compared to just riding this board for this year and then next year i'll just buy a new board.
fgcueric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Given the fact that your Salomon is around 15 years old, I would not drag it cross country.

If you are considering a purchase in the future I would recommend that you do the following:

Before you head out to Colorado, call ahead and find out what you can demo or rent. Be specific about your "wide board" needs to ensure that they will have something for you.

See if you can rent or demo a number of different boards, try a different board every day. That way you will be more fully versed in what is available. If you find something you really like, see if they will put the cost of your rental towards the purchase.

Don't like your chances of much selection back home in Florida.