Burton Custom X vs. Libtech TRA ProHP - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default Burton Custom X vs. Libtech TRA ProHP

Hi everyone!

I would appriciate some advice on the following choice: Burton Custom X 162 Wide vs TRS Pro HP 161,5. My problem is - I have a foot drag on my current Libtech TRS: Total Ripper Series 161.4 and Custom X 160. I weight 155 Lb and I'm 6" high. I have Malamutes 10,5 size. Due to the huge sole of Malamutes I have overhang around 2,5 - 3 cm.

Thanks!!
Nomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
tonicusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 752
Default

Your boots should have no problem fitting on your TRS. What angles are your bindings set at and how wide is your stance? Out of curiosity do your toes touch the end of your boots? Does the heel of your boot overhang the same amount as your toe? Post a picture of your setup with boots in the bindings.

Last edited by tonicusa; 12-21-2013 at 09:31 AM.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ridinbend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bend
Posts: 1,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomas View Post
Hi everyone!

I would appriciate some advice on the following choice: Burton Custom X 162 Wide vs TRS Pro HP 161,5. My problem is - I have a foot drag on my current Libtech TRS: Total Ripper Series 161.4 and Custom X 160. I weight 155 Lb and I'm 6" high. I have Malamutes 10,5 size. Due to the huge sole of Malamutes I have overhang around 2,5 - 3 cm.

Thanks!!
Does the overhang actually cause problems, or is it just visible overhang? Got pictures of it? I wear 11.5 malamutes, and there is visible overhang, but it doesn't cause problems.
ridinbend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
tonicusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 752
Default

It may just be that you are relatively new to the sport and need some "pointers" on how to setup your rig. If you post a photo, guys will help you make sure your bindings have the proper angles and that the boots are centered in the bindings and the bindings then centered on the board etc.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
Your boots should have no problem fitting on your TRS. What angles are your bindings set at and how wide is your stance? Out of curiosity do your toes touch the end of your boots? Does the heel of your boot overhang the same amount as your toe? Post a picture of your setup with boots in the bindings.
My angles are +21/-9 and my stance is about 55 cm.
My toes rest against the boots, but when I'm on the board it goes back a bit and that way fits perfectly. My toe overhang a bit more than heel.
I'll post pictures a bil later!
Nomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinbend View Post
Does the overhang actually cause problems, or is it just visible overhang? Got pictures of it? I wear 11.5 malamutes, and there is visible overhang, but it doesn't cause problems.
Unfortunatelly it does. Basically it rapidly slows me down during carve I mostly prefer carving, riding fast, going through trees, powder if it's there. Jumps from the natural terrain if needed. Dou you also ride Total Ripper Series TRS 161.5 ? or Custom x 160 ?

Last edited by Nomas; 12-22-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Nomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
It may just be that you are relatively new to the sport and need some "pointers" on how to setup your rig. If you post a photo, guys will help you make sure your bindings have the proper angles and that the boots are centered in the bindings and the bindings then centered on the board etc.
I ride for several years now so I guess I'm not new I'll post some pictures of my setup a bit later!

Last edited by Nomas; 12-22-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Nomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums