Stolen snowboard. advice on new perfect one? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stolen snowboard. advice on new perfect one?

Hello,
My snowboard got stolen yesterday and I was devastated but now I figure it is time to move on and get excited that I have an excuse to get a better one. However the old one was an old demo I did not have a say in choosing (Ride Fever) so I don't know much about all of the features so I was hoping you all could help me!

About me:
I learned to board last year while working at a resort for a month, got hooked now I am living up here again for the whole season, have already been about 10 times. I feel like I have hit a plateau now because I feel like I have just crossed into intermediate territory but am too scared to get better. I still go slower than all of my friends even when I try to speed up. I do feel very comfortable on a board though for the most part and am starting to carve a lot more. I also hit my first boxes recently and am VERY interested in starting to do some more park... but also want to learn how to go in the trees and i loove powder.

Any advice? For bindings too I suppose but board is most important... price range is $300-400. Thank you in advance!!
snowbunny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

First off, welcome.

Now, for your first bit of advice from this forum, GO BUY A LOCK & USE IT !!!
Old 12-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Location: Born'n'Raised. MAUI, HAWAII...currently passing through Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbunny21 View Post
Hello,
My snowboard got stolen yesterday and I was devastated but now I figure it is time to move on and get excited that I have an excuse to get a better one. However the old one was an old demo I did not have a say in choosing (Ride Fever) so I don't know much about all of the features so I was hoping you all could help me!

About me:
I learned to board last year while working at a resort for a month, got hooked now I am living up here again for the whole season, have already been about 10 times. I feel like I have hit a plateau now because I feel like I have just crossed into intermediate territory but am too scared to get better. I still go slower than all of my friends even when I try to speed up. I do feel very comfortable on a board though for the most part and am starting to carve a lot more. I also hit my first boxes recently and am VERY interested in starting to do some more park... but also want to learn how to go in the trees and i loove powder.

Any advice? For bindings too I suppose but board is most important... price range is $300-400. Thank you in advance!!
Stats? Height, Weight, etc...
CERBERUS.lucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm 5'6, 135 lbs, 23 year old girl
snowbunny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure we need some pictures to figure out how wide the inserts needs to be for your stance.

A couple from all angles with optimal lighting.

Grab like a 142 NS onxy (smallest size if i 'm wrong). or
roxy btx ally or ollie c2btx. (smallest size 14x).

if you want to specialized in park u can also get the k2 lime light for rails and boxes.

all different profile. what ever rocks your boat.

I don't like flat camber or reverse camber. only camber rocker camber hybrid c2btx like profiles.
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbunny21 View Post
Hello,

About me:

My advice would be to get a lock.
BFBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

First of all, buy a lock!

Secondly, with your stats I would look into 148-156 range. If you want something to go in the trees with more often than bombing down the hill through some snow, I suggest going to the lower end (148-152) for flexibility and maneuverability. If your looking for speed, go 154+ to add stability.

I would think a RCR profile would be good if your sticking with trees and not dealing with too much ice. If you get a lot of ice, I'll suggest CRC or Cambered profile, something with banana/magnetraction.

I'm 5'9", was 135-140lbs, size 11 boots and went with a 150 RCR board and I loved it (maxed out overhang though!). Full of pop, was decent when speeding down the hill, fully loaded for those small kickers on the hill, and the flex and maneuverability was more than I expected for pow days. I only used it a couple times, and I don't know if I'll be able to get out this year, but I'll probably have to buy a new board if I dont lose the baby weight.

Last edited by Optikal_Illuzion; 12-22-2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: boots
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The locks are a joke. Bought one of the fancynew Burton locks at Park City a couple of weeks ago. It worked fine for awhile and then froze. I broke it by prying it against the board rack.

Bought another one last week, one of the cables in a plastic housing. Had a problem with that one in 3 degree weather. Got pissed and yanked it so hard the plastic housing cracked and the board was free.

Locks give a little piece of mind but they are junk.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
The locks are a joke. Bought one of the fancynew Burton locks at Park City a couple of weeks ago. It worked fine for awhile and then froze. I broke it by prying it against the board rack.

Bought another one last week, one of the cables in a plastic housing. Had a problem with that one in 3 degree weather. Got pissed and yanked it so hard the plastic housing cracked and the board was free.

Locks give a little piece of mind but they are junk.
You're definitely right about the technical effectiveness of a lock, but it has a very important indirect benefit. 95% of snowboards left on the rack do not have locks on them. So if a wannabe thief is choosing which board to steal, he's very likely going to choose one that isn't locked up at all.

It's not so much about making your board very hard to steal, but just convincing the thief to look elsewhere.
hoqay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

HEre's a really good deal
a board by Never Summer for Status Snowboard

2013 Status iD Snowboard : STATUS Snowboard Company

very high quality board in 149 perfect size for park and powder.

very stable and damp with pop.

Just ask around
best thing is its $100 (WITH CODE AND SHipping aprrox. ) should be at least open market 200 OR 300 in the off season.

over 15 + friends of my bought this board over the last 10 months and several on here too..

It Camber-rocker-camber .
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote