been looking for a board, need some help... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
dantheman

Default been looking for a board, need some help...

I'm 6-2", 155 lbs, wuth a boot size of 10.5-11. In the past i've just been freeriding (i would consider myself an intermediate), but i want to start doing some freestyle stuff (just simple things) what size board would you guys recommend me? and any recommendations for boards in the $200-$300 price range (cheaper is better)? This is going to be my main board.

From reading posts here I've already decided on Rome Arsenal Bindings, unless theres a better, cheaper option.

I mainly go to big bear a lot (so cal), so depending on the time of the season the resorts will have all natural snow or sometimes a combination of man made snow. they have runs with jumps and rails, so i was hoping to try those out, along with just cruising down the mountain.

thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Are you looking to just spend $200 - $300 on just the deck? If so look At the Crail from Rome. It's sounds like what you should be looking for and it only $320. And welcome to the forum.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
dantheman

yea i wanted to spend around 200-300 on just the board. i was hoping to get the entire setup for around $400, but that won't happen in i spend $300 on a board...are there any decent boards closer to $200 (even though i really like the Rome boards)?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Look for some closeouts on boards, you can get some great deals right now. checkout Sierrasnowboard.com, the-house.com, buysnow.com, eternalsnow.com, etc. There's a million of them and they all have different stuff on clearance.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Unless you are looking at low rent decks from like sports authority or something like that, you won't get in that price range. And those won't last you very long maybe a season. I would still recommend the Rome cause its a good board for a good price. If you are not opposed to buying used gear you could check out some swaps or you could try and check your local shops and see if they have any good deals on last years equipment.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
dantheman

thanks for the links!!

so what size would be best? i was thinking a 159, does that sound good?

thanks

-i can pick up the 2007 crail for a great price if a 159 isnt too small - let me know!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
mike1two

I wouldn't go any lower than 200 on the price of a deck. What you must remember is that you get what you pay for and if your planning to ride alot this season a cheaper board is not going to hold up as well especialy as your primary board. On average how many times do you make it to the hill?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman
thanks for the links!!

so what size would be best? i was thinking a 159, does that sound good?

thanks

-i can pick up the 2007 crail for a great price if a 159 isnt too small - let me know!
How big is your current board? Well scatch that you pretty lightweight you should be able to ride that. But still how big is your current setup?

Last edited by Dcp584; 10-03-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

159 might be bit big for you due to the fact your light for you height...I'd wait for some other people to chime in though since I don't know that specific board that well. I'd guess you're probably safe but see what others say
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
dantheman

I honestly can't remember exactly how big my current board is (i'm at college, and my board is at home) but I bought it a couple years ago (its a burton charger) and I know it doesn't come up to my chin now, so its probably around 156-160 (ill check when i go home this weekend). thanks for the advice, im excited for this season cause last season sucked in CA, so I only went a couple times.