Review: Never Summer Legacy 161cm - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Review: Never Summer Legacy 161cm

So I managed to get myself on a NS 161 Legacy today. Mind you, I ride a 151 Rome Graft. I like butter like a KFC biscut. I thought this NS monster was going to chew me up and spit me out. 10cm longer, much wider, a boatload stiffer, and quite a bit heavier and my little Graft. I thought I was going to die when I first strapped in.

To make a long story short, the Legacy blew me away. Yeah, it was stiff. Not a freestyle deck, at all. Like, don't even think about putting "Legacy" and "butter" in the same sentence. But somehow it still seemed to maintain a great deal of agility for it's size. It was so stable at speed, and so smooth cutting through any bumps, ice, etc in the snow. I basically felt like I was riding my sofa down the mountain. Just sit back, relax, crack a beer, and there really isn't anything else to worry about it. It did make a slight chatter when I ran over some little 12-year old skier girl who had this big ole yard sale in front of me. But aside from that one little glitch, the Legacy just plowed through everything as smooth as...well, butter. Great deck.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
So I managed to get myself on a NS 161 Legacy today. Mind you, I ride a 151 Rome Graft. I like butter like a KFC biscut. I thought this NS monster was going to chew me up and spit me out. 10cm longer, much wider, a boatload stiffer, and quite a bit heavier and my little Graft. I thought I was going to die when I first strapped in.

To make a long story short, the Legacy blew me away. Yeah, it was stiff. Not a freestyle deck, at all. Like, don't even think about putting "Legacy" and "butter" in the same sentence. But somehow it still seemed to maintain a great deal of agility for it's size. It was so stable at speed, and so smooth cutting through any bumps, ice, etc in the snow. I basically felt like I was riding my sofa down the mountain. Just sit back, relax, crack a beer, and there really isn't anything else to worry about it. It did make a slight chatter when I ran over some little 12-year old skier girl who had this big ole yard sale in front of me. But aside from that one little glitch, the Legacy just plowed through everything as smooth as...well, butter. Great deck.
Good to hear you liked the ride sedition. I just picked this board up yesterday and hoping to get it up to the mountain soon. Definitely makes my old board look small
coffeenirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seedy J

Quote:
Just sit back, relax, crack a beer, and there really isn't anything else to worry about it. It did make a slight chatter when I ran over some little 12-year old skier girl who had this big ole yard sale in front of me.
Great review!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
i haz teh powr. it's actually avatar reversion. this is an old one of mine from last year.

-The White Rose Society

Old 01-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
It did make a slight chatter when I ran over some little 12-year old skier girl who had this big ole yard sale in front of me.
If you had a Titan, it'd dampen that 12 old right out, you'd never have known you ran her over and severed her carotid artery with your board edge.

I've been debating getting a Legacy-R if I can find any left on clearance at the end of the season (doubtful). I really want to demo one first, but NS only had one demo day out East here and it was a weekend at Hunter Mtn (=VERY crowded and VERY full of gapers) during particularly nasty riding conditions.

Anyone out there know where/how to get one for demo'ing out East here?
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

What size are you? I am 6'1 and 185 and got the 159 and can butter it pretty well.
Swiftmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
gitan69

hey guys,

i am also looking into the legacy 159 ( i am 6.2, 185lbs) how is the board edge to edge? How heavy does it feel? also does it ride well switch? I do lots of trees and wanna board that is manouvarable and poppy ( my old option booter 159 is way too heavy) other ones i am looking at is phoenix btx 157w..
thx
Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitan69 View Post
hey guys,

i am also looking into the legacy 159 ( i am 6.2, 185lbs) how is the board edge to edge? How heavy does it feel? also does it ride well switch? I do lots of trees and wanna board that is manouvarable and poppy ( my old option booter 159 is way too heavy) other ones i am looking at is phoenix btx 157w..
thx
Well, like I said in the first post, it is heavy. However, it does not really feel all that heavy when you are riding it. It maintained a good deal of agility. I was riding the deck at speed, so I don't know for sure how well that agility will hold-up when going slower (i.e. tree runs). I didn't even both trying to ride it switch. It's a stiff directional. That is not the best formula for switch riding, but I have no idea how it rides switch compared to other similar-type decks.

-The White Rose Society

Old 01-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Making the assumption you got this years model with the RC Technology, did you find the learning curve very steep with the rocker and camber combo?
coffeenirvana is offline   Reply With Quote