Any opinion- Capita NAS vs Burton Custom X? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have owned the Custom and the CustomX. The X does not have more pop unless you are a rider at the top of your game that can actually load that stiff beast and pop it. You will get better ollies and spins of your edges on the mid flexing Custom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateStud View Post
Oh wow I'm glad you pointed this out! I've been doing so much research the boards are getting mixed up in my head. So basically the X is a stiffer version of the regular Custom? So how would the regular Custom be different from the NAS? I am a bit scared of a board that is too stiff- would the NAS be too unforgiving?
The NAS is going to be stiffer than than the Custom. It's a 7 on the Capita Scale which is the same as their freeride boards.

The DOA would be more similar to the Custom. It also has lifted contact points which might make it easier for you to ride like this Ryan fellow...

I would go Custom over NAS for a more playful feel.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
These are great replies- thank you! I don't actually expect to ride like that bad ass Ryan- I just like the idea of having a board that is capable of it. A mid flex board might be more up my alley as I am never going to push the boundaries of my skills (or be good enough too haha) to need a stiff hyper aggressive board. I appreciate the advice everyone! I wish I could get some first hand knowledge from folks who have ridden the NAS.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Buy it from Dogfunk, if its not a good fit for you their return policy will allow you to send it back for a full refund. And then you can buy something else from them. You might want to check out something like the Rome Reverb. Similar but more fun and probably something that will be poppier for you and more fun on jumps and in the pipe. Evo has the Reverb on sale for $200.

Tags
burton, camber, capita, custom, nas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode