Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   has this happend to anyone else? bindings come clean off. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/11367-has-happend-anyone-else-bindings-come.html)

Sno-bored 01-10-2009 08:44 PM

has this happend to anyone else? bindings come clean off.

alright so here's what happend. I was up snowboarding for weekend and i was on about my 7th run. i was almost to the bottom and i was headed to the lift when my foot came off the board, bindings and all. turns out it was just that the screws had become loose over time. i was just wondering if this has happend to anyone else.

lonewolf99701 01-10-2009 08:56 PM

Watch The Boned Age same thing happens to Scotty Lago....

MunkySpunk 01-10-2009 09:46 PM

Go to your nearest hardware store and ask for blue threadlock. It's a small tube and costs about $5. That's what the blue spots on the screws straight from the binding mfg are. With all the vibration and shifts in temperature, it's expected they come loose over time.

Threadlock - every screw, every season.

legallyillegal 01-10-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sno-bored (Post 108182)
alright so here's what happend. I was up snowboarding for weekend and i was on about my 7th run. i was almost to the bottom and i was headed to the lift when my foot came off the board, bindings and all. turns out it was just that the screws had become loose over time. i was just wondering if this has happend to anyone else.

1. Check your screws once in a while.
2. Loctite them. Even old and dried out threadlocker is better than nothing.

Sno-bored 01-10-2009 10:30 PM

thanks for the advice. since then i check them every time before going out, but i'll be sure to threadlock (or locktite) them.

PopN 01-10-2009 11:03 PM

Not completely off, but somehow I managed to lose two screws and I could spin the binding in a complete 360. That happened about midrun, and I figured it was probably safer to walk down the rest of the trail. Felt so damn lame.

legallyillegal 01-11-2009 12:21 AM

See, if you had non-Burton bindings, you could have lost 2 screws and still be fine.

Dawg Catcher 01-11-2009 12:54 AM

now you learn the importance of an equipment check before you hit the mountain. I always run a complete check from jacket to board the night before takes about 15 min and its well worth saving the embarrassment of walking down a run or potentially hurting yourself

Vlaze 01-11-2009 01:14 AM

Make sure you get the CORRECT blue loctite. There are different types, get the one applicable for metal on metal.

And let it cure 12-24 hours before use.

jimmerjammermrk 01-11-2009 04:02 AM

Quote:

Make sure you get the CORRECT blue loctite. There are different types, get the one applicable for metal on metal.
What's the deal with this? I saw on an instruction sheet for a pair of Burton bindings that they recommend not to use loctite. I usually use the stuff and was sort of startled by this warning.