First Board - need help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
yanivs

Question First Board - need help

Hello,
I have 11.5 boot size and weigh 60kg (height 180 cm).
I have only 2 weeks experience on the snow (still doing wide turns).
I am looking for a freestyle board that I could also use on the mountain, a board that will last more then 3 years and that could improve my skill level without stopping me at a certain point and forcing me to switch to a more advanced board. I asked around and people suggested 2 boards: GRAFT,MACHINE. I can't decide between the 155 GRAFT and the 154 MACHINE. I am looking for a freestyle board that I could also use in the mountain. I was told that the machine is better for large boot size but the graft is a better board then the machine (got better scores for mountain and transition). Is there any truth in that?
I don't understand what is the difference between the 2 boards and why the GRAFT is a more expensive board. Does the GRAFT have any advantage on the machine?
I wanted to know why the MACHINE got 5 grade for the mountain.
I live in a place that doesn't have snowboard parks, so most of the time i'll go down the mountain and I don't know if the machine is good enough.
The ROME graft got better scores for the mountain.
I wanted to remind you that I'm a beginner and I don't know if the machine is good for beginners.
If you take into consideration what I said above, what is better for me GRAFT 155 or MACHINE 154?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

so sounds like you want a all mountain board that will work in the park, since your not going to be in the park most of the time.
Gnar_DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I would say neither. Both of those are very "terrain park" decks. You shouldn't get a pure freestyle board for three reason. First, you shouldn't be going near the terrain park until you know how to ride. Second, if even you wanted to go in the terrain park, you said there isn't one at your mountain. Last, if your just going to be doing mostly trail riding, get a board that is specifically designed for that. It will help you learn faster, easier, and allow to you progress further. Thus, you should be looking at an all-mountain type deck. Once you heave learned how to ride, then you'll have a board which you can take anywhere the mountain (blacks to terrain park), and be able to handle anything you throw at it, If you later decide that you want to mostlly do some specific type of riding (park or big-mountain), then you can get a board for that purpose. So, skip the Graft and the Machine. Take a look at the Vinyl, Lo-Fi, Crail, Slash, Agent, etc.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote