travel bag for board, bindings, helmut, etc. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default travel bag for board, bindings, helmut, etc.

looking for a good travel bag for my deck, bindings, boots, helmut and enough clothes to reach the 50lb checked-bag weight limit when flying

i don't need any bells and whistles like wheels or backpack straps

should i pay more for a padded bag or will i be ok to pack clothes around my board?

the burton space sack seems to be the least expensive out there with all others a bit more in price

let me know what you have and what you think - again, as checked baggage on an airplane - thanks!!
ride011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
pgroove

I use a Dakine Tour bag, which I picked up for about $60 and was well worth it. It has a solid level of padding and PLENTY of space for all your gear. To be safe, I still take the bindings off and surround the board with my riding clothes, all of which fit. It has survived several cross-country flights without any issue.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awesome - that's what I needed - thanks! I've read a few posts that said leave the bindings on but fold them down, put your boots on the nose and tail and a helmut inbetween the bindings, then pack clothes all around. But your experience is to talks the bindings off? Thanks again!
ride011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
pgroove

I only take the bindings off when I'm flying; I just worry that the package handlers will break something throwing the bags around. You might not have this issue, but when I fold the heelback forward it sticks out past the edge of the board. So the two widest points are the bindings (heelback and heel-piece). Not sure if that made any sense.