Regular VS Midwide - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Regular VS Midwide

Happy Holidays guys. I've been frequenting this board for a few months now and am still a beginner. I have been on the slopes a total of maybe 6 times now.

When I originally bought my board I did not know whether or not I needed a midwide since i was a size 10, but the salesperson definitely said midwide for sure (2012 Rossi Angus 158cm). My measurements: height 5.'11, weight 190, boot size 10.

I'm still getting the hang of riding now, but it seems like the midwide might seem a little wide since it's kind of difficult to get on my toe edge. It's probably because I'm still new, but my OCD side keeps on telling me I should have stuck with a regular size board.

Now I'm wondering if I should get a regular board (157 or 158) or just stick with this one and learn on it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
chinesecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You definitely don't need a mid wide, but your issue is more to do with learning than the width of the board. I recommend just being patient, but if you have the money to burn, fuck it, get a regular board.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Definitely regular board.
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

I have size 10.5 boots and learned to ride on a full wide board. (...believed when a salesman told me I "needed" a wide too!) I rode that board for almost two seasons. Got pretty decent with it as well! I still ride it every once in awhile.

A midwide with a size 10 should definitely be rideable. You might also want to check things like your bindings being the right size and centered properly. Having enough fwd lean dialed in, etc. All those things can have a big influence on getting up on your edges effectively. (...Heel or toe. ) Boots fitting properly with no heel lift is another factor that can dramatically effect getting on your toe edge.

If after checking and dialing in all those variables, if you r still having trouble? Then maybe you would fare better on a reg width board.

Of course you can always rent or demo a board to see how it feels too!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (42) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm size 11 boots and ride a regular women's board. I use up max width and don't have much to play with in regards to stance, but I dont have a problem with overhand or anything (at max over hang as well)
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote