Bindings for beginner - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
kjoanna

Default Bindings for beginner

Hi,

Im a beginner(girl), and I want to buy Palmer Jade snowboard with Burton Emeralde Boots or Northwave Opal Boots.
Im wondering which bindings would be the best for my gear.
Im not necessary looking for woman bindings because I don't really like the color on most of it.
Some help would be very useful

Regards
Joanna Kisielinska

Last edited by kjoanna; 01-12-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
powderjet81

I dont know much about womens bindings- but generally the only difference is the names and colour of the bindings.

You could try burton missions, burton customs, or ride lx bindings to name a few. I started with ride lx and they are good bindings for beginners. Cheap, flexible and decent quality. try to find last seasons gear on sale because most times the differences from year to year are minor changes, especially on low-end bindings.

Just try on different boots you like and find some that fit properly. Then check that the bindings you want are a good fit with them (ie the back of the boot is flush with the highback).

good luck
Old 01-12-2009, 03:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
jimmerjammermrk

First of all, you should be trying on boots before you buy them. Look for a fairly soft boot if you're a beginner. The Opal is on the stiff side with a 7 out of 10 stiffness rating; that may not be something you want as a beginner. I'm not sure about the Burtons you mentioned, but you can look on their website to find out.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah I agree with jimbo, buy your boots first (again nothing on the stiffer side) and get a good binding that fits the boot. You should bring it to the shop and try them all on. Make the shop tech adjust each of the bindings to fit the boot. Bindings are expensive so make him work for your money. You'll benefit in the end.
Extremo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
kjoanna

Thanks guys

So Im going to shop 250 miles from place I live (only few snowboard shops in Ireland ). Called them today and they have Burton Emerald. I'll try them on and if they fit which bindings should I choose?
What brand would you recommend?
What about Burton Lexa or Escapade or maybe Flow Minx?
Im aware of that you guys might be not experts of female bindings but maybe you know brands which are more recommended then other.

One question about bags. Im thinking of Bakoda WHEELIE DELUXE-is it good choice? Its 160cm long but my board its only 148cm-is it ok?

Im sorry for all this questions, seems like no one can help me here in Ireland (no snow, lot of rain)

Joanna.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
kjoanna

Anyone, please?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoanna View Post
Thanks guys

So Im going to shop 250 miles from place I live (only few snowboard shops in Ireland ). Called them today and they have Burton Emerald. I'll try them on and if they fit which bindings should I choose?
What brand would you recommend?
What about Burton Lexa or Escapade or maybe Flow Minx?
Im aware of that you guys might be not experts of female bindings but maybe you know brands which are more recommended then other.

One question about bags. Im thinking of Bakoda WHEELIE DELUXE-is it good choice? Its 160cm long but my board its only 148cm-is it ok?

Im sorry for all this questions, seems like no one can help me here in Ireland (no snow, lot of rain)

Joanna.
Sorry I can't help you on the bindings. As for the board bag, the 160 is fine for you board, you're just have an extra 12cm of excess space. However, you can use it to stuff clothes into and other gear...
EvoKnvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
jimmerjammermrk

Try on more than one pair of boots if possible. I'd suggest like 10+ pairs before you buy.

I've had Burtons, Flows, and Romes. I prefer the Burtons over the Flows and the Romes above either of them.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
kjoanna

@ EvoKnvl:
Thanks so I'll get that one.

I know its maybe hard to believe but here is no choice of snowboard gear. I will be happy if I try any of Burton boots coz they might not have Emerald.
I'll see if they have any bindings and try to choose something...

Thank you for you help

Last edited by kjoanna; 01-13-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

You shouldn't restrict your boot choices (or any equipment choice, for that matter) to only one brand. One brand cannot cover all the different types of feet that everyone has i.e. fat, skinny, narrow heel, wide toebox, etc....
markee is offline   Reply With Quote