Good board brands for jibbing? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
ibeeberz

Default Good board brands for jibbing?

Hey,

I've been snowboarding for about 6 years and I am looking to upgrade to a new board but have no clue what brands or models are better for what. I currently have a K2 Access board with burton bindings and boots and i believe the K2 Access is extremely old.

What brands or models should I be looking for, and are there any specific one's that I should look into? I am into street jibbing more than I am into the slopes, and am looking for a board with good flexibility.

Thanks a bunch,

EDIT:
some more specifics, I'm really into jibbing on rails and such at terrain parks as well as urban areas and parks like schools with rails and benches and stuff.
Also looking for the "bang-for-your-buck" option that's a little lighter on price but still rides nice :P

Last edited by ibeeberz; 01-12-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Beefy

K2 WWW
yeah, im biasted

The banana is a nice choice, i hear good things about the Rome Artifact too
Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeeberz View Post
Hey,

I've been snowboarding for about 6 years and I am looking to upgrade to a new board but have no clue what brands or models are better for what. I currently have a K2 Access board with burton bindings and boots and i believe the K2 Access is extremely old.

What brands or models should I be looking for, and are there any specific one's that I should look into? I am into street jibbing more than I am into the slopes, and am looking for a board with good flexibility.

Thanks a bunch,
ride boards, burtons, k2s, flows, shit all of them you gotta be a lil more specific what do you mean by street jibbing? Do you mean like urban riding like in city parks? if thats the case just buy a piece of shit lamar board it wont really matter.
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
the burgess boy

Yeah, I've got a rome artifact. It's a little more on the pricey side, BUT! It's totally worth it.

I've also heard some good stuff about the forum manual (a bit cheaper as well, so you won't feel bad beating the crap outta it)
Old 01-12-2009, 02:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
nocternalhustlr

a nice somewhat inexpensive board is the ride kink. good for jibbing anywhere. really forgiving(especially if your into rails) they also make a wide which a lot of people seem to like. burton blunt would also be another good choice, not as flexxi as the kink though
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Too many to name and flex is something of personal preference. What I think is soft you may consider medium. My jib board of choice is the forum destroyer...but I'm 185 and have no problems pressing it, but others, who are lighter, may.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
spoolin_gt

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...ome-graft.html
Old 01-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
ibeeberz

THanks guys, also, which ones are better on the price side? Im looking into the nmore "bangforyourbuck" option that is a nice jibbing board. I'm a size 9 boot, 160pounds, so how shpuld my weight affect the kind of board im looking into?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
MadRopes

I second the forum destroyer. I ride one in the park alll day and its sick. i like my board not too soft not too stiff... its a mid flex board and i have no problem pressing it... great for kickers too.. stable on rail/boxes/jibs..

or you can try the forum manual or substance... the manual is pretty inexpensive but its super soft. its mostly just prerfence..