Help finding a new board!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help finding a new board!!

Hey all. I'm in the market to upgrade my board but am not sure what i want/need. My current board is a Morrow Press 158 (full camber). I have never rode a different board. I want something that can do park and all mountain. I like to carve and ride the mountain for awhile, then I'll go over and spend some time in the park. I want to get better at park and bombing hills. I have also noticed that my current board tends to be unstable at high speeds. I try to bomb down a hill but my board gets wobbly and wants to catch an edge, so I slow down. I'm over on the east coast at a really small resort most of the time. Some boards I've been looking at are:

-Burton Blunt
-Burton Custom
-Burton Custom Flying V
-Lib Tech Skate Banana

I haven't really looked into any other brands yet. I wanted to demo some boards but no place around here does that. Thanks for the help!
thill26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

The Blunt and Skate Banana are pure park boards, and by the looks of it, you're looking for a do-it-all kind of board. The Custom and Custom Flying V are great for a one-board quiver. I have a Flying V and it's a great board for ripping all over the mountain. The bend there is like a wave; mostly rocker with camber spots under your feet. That makes it really fun, but it's got enough pop for park survival. I take mine through the park constantly and it does pretty well there, and it also does great in all kinds of snow, and it handles above average on ice. One option, if you're looking for more park out of either of the Customs, it to get the Restricted version, they're true twin as opposed to directional.
Bullboy145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Check out the neversummer evo, its amazing for park/all mountain riding. Its what i ride.
devinc13 is offline   Reply With Quote