Setting Your Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Setting Your Bindings

I have a 156 Forum board with some medium Burton Mission bindings. I have my angles all set, and how far apart to set my bindings as well. This is my second season and I am fairly comfortable with the setting I've been using.

I need help on how to set my highbacks. Right now I believe I left them at the stock setting of F2. What do some of you recommend. I'm 5'9'' and 155lbs. I have already adjusted them to be parallel to the heelside of my board.

I also need some help on how close to the edges I should set my bindings. Right now I have them set in the middle. There is some overhang on the toe of my boot over the board. Is that normal? How does changing the position of your bindings, in reference to closeness to the toeside or heelside edge of the board, affect you riding?

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Last edited by donm3ga; 01-11-2009 at 11:21 PM.
donm3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
powderjet81

First of all, forward lean is purely personal preference. More forward lean gives you more heel-side response but also limits ankle movement somewhat and it tires your legs out faster. Change it up each run to find out what you like best. The same goes for your stance width. If it feels right then it is.

As for centering bindings over your edges, you ideally want to get the same amount of heel and toe overhang (assuming there is some). To do this put your boots in your bindings (without wearing them) and then turn your board upside down. then you can easily see how much the boots are overhanging each edge.

Burton base plates have different holes in them so you can move them either way. So if the boots are not centered then undo the screws and move the bindings by putting the screws in the other holes. Do the screws up a little, then put the boots back in and check them again. If it looks ok then tighten them up.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

I would go with the F1 or none at all, play with it. I have cartel's and ride them with no lean. I set them at F2 before to try them out and I can tell you it killed the backs of my legs. Again just play with them.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote