Broke my Burton Custom bindings. New binding help? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
SnowZero

Default Broke my Burton Custom bindings. New binding help?

Last night I was out riding and on my last run I came off the lift and heard a crunching sound and I thought it was just me running over some ice, but come to find out that the toe strap on my back Burton Custom binding cracked off. This is the second piece that has broken on this binding and now that the bindings are about 3 to 4 years old I want to get new ones.

My board is a Burton Floater 163 with Burton's 3D mounting system. My question is, can I buy different brand bindings and use my Burton 3D disk to mount them to my board? I was looking at some of Rome's and Technine's bindings.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rome includes a 3D adapter disc with their bindings; if not, they'll send you one for free.

Can I have your Zero Wing sticker?

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
SnowZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
Rome includes a 3D adapter disc with their bindings; if not, they'll send you one for free.

Can I have your Zero Wing sticker?
Cool. I'm going to keep reading some reviews on bindings.

I actually have a few extra Zero Wing stickers if you really want one.

Thanks for the quick response.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

I miss my STi. I got into an accident in December because I had crappy tires and I was on a solid sheet of ice that F'ed me up. Hope you're enjoying the Subie more than I am .. All I'm enjoying is a Mini Cooper .. -_-
DragonXero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
SnowZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXero13 View Post
I miss my STi. I got into an accident in December because I had crappy tires and I was on a solid sheet of ice that F'ed me up. Hope you're enjoying the Subie more than I am .. All I'm enjoying is a Mini Cooper .. -_-
Yeah I actually just finished a VF39 turbo swap on my WRX and I'm getting it tuned next week. I have Blizzaks for snow tires so I have a blast when it snows.

Last edited by SnowZero; 01-12-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

These are some really old pics of my car, pre-accident ..

The driver side door is caved in and it even damaged the rear passenger door so it can't open either. How are the Blizzaks? How do they handle in ice and compact snow?
DragonXero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
SnowZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXero13 View Post

These are some really old pics of my car, pre-accident ..

The driver side door is caved in and it even damaged the rear passenger door so it can't open either. How are the Blizzaks? How do they handle in ice and compact snow?
I haven't run into many patches of ice. In the snow they are great and pretty predictable when the car starts to slide. I have the studless version. The studded ones would be better in the ice.

Anyways, back to my binding search. I don't ride park that often nor do I have much interest in it right now. Jumps, ok, boxes, rails, etc. not so much. I'm looking at Rome's Targa as it seems to be more for freeride than freestyle. I'm not sure I want to drop that much dime on them though. Any other suggestions.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
SnowZero

Sucks about your ride. I like the time attack theme you had going there.

Here is mine in summer mode.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
friedguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowZero View Post
Anyways, back to my binding search. I don't ride park that often nor do I have much interest in it right now. Jumps, ok, boxes, rails, etc. not so much. I'm looking at Rome's Targa as it seems to be more for freeride than freestyle. I'm not sure I want to drop that much dime on them though. Any other suggestions.
I basically had the same thought process and criteria. Ended up getting Rome Arsenals from The Click Worldwide -- using a coupon (webshred08) I got them for $145 shipped. I've yet to ride on them, but from the research I did it sounds like they are very close in build to the Targas without some of the customization.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
SnowZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedguy View Post
I basically had the same thought process and criteria. Ended up getting Rome Arsenals from The Click Worldwide -- using a coupon (webshred08) I got them for $145 shipped. I've yet to ride on them, but from the research I did it sounds like they are very close in build to the Targas without some of the customization.
Let me know how they feel if you are going riding soon. I might be going later this week so I need to find something relatively soon.