Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Board got stolen... Need new (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/114585-board-got-stolen-need-new.html)

Nerozor 12-27-2013 04:08 PM

Board got stolen... Need new

Hello!

So my christmas snowboard holiday ended early this year... My Rome Agent Rocker w/ Union Atlas bindings got stolen while I had lunch.
Ive talked with the resort and my chances of finding it again is pretty much 0.
So I have to buy a completly new setup.
Height 6.4
Weight: 200-205lbs
Boot size: 10-11 (depending on boot)
Riding style: Everything, mostly groomers and freestyle/park
Budget: No budget
Your location of riding: Norway
Experience: 13 years

I would like a board with little less grip then the Rome Agent Rocker, so I was thinking maybe a flat rocker, or rocker on nose/tail?
For bindings I will most likly go for the Burton Cartel re:flex or Union something.

Thanks alot for help!

JDawg 12-28-2013 04:01 AM

Aw man that's a bummer =[ I always get paranoid leaving my board on the rack out of sight. It's not even an expensive board either...

I seen some used ones on eBay and Craigslist some look brand new like they bought the whole setup and hated snowboarding or something. I can't give much input I'm pretty new(this is my 4th season), but if you know what your looking for you may find a good deal.

Good Luck

Oldman 12-28-2013 09:46 AM

Perhaps you should include a LOCK in your budget. ? :dunno:

Nerozor 12-28-2013 09:50 AM

Yeah! Haha

LightninSVT 12-28-2013 09:53 AM

Maybe a Ride Machete? I almost picked one up before I realized it was more park oriented. Good for groomers/park/freestyle.

I really feel your pain man, I had my favorite setup stolen about 2 years ago. Ran in to get a quick Gatorade and when I came out less then a minute later it was gone. I didnt see anyone running away or anything. I haven't found a board I've liked as much yet. I usually carried a Burton Cable lock but it had broken earlier that day. Cheap POS if you ask me. I picked up a Dakine cam lock, it fits in a pouch and I just throw it in my pants pocket.

Jon

tonicusa 12-28-2013 10:02 AM

The 2013 Agent Rocker is on sale at Evo and Whiskey Militia. $250

Nerozor 12-28-2013 10:14 AM

Wow... thats cheap!

I was thinking... maybe a Yes Asym, but ive read some quality issues with them.
K2 is tempting aswell as they have that flat camber

FractureItAll 12-28-2013 11:53 AM

i had a lock on my board that was on the lower biding when i t was in the rack and some guy tried to grab my board but then realized there was a lock on it when he tipped over the whole rack........ got his ticket pulled xD and banned for season

JDawg 12-28-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FractureItAll (Post 1377825)
i had a lock on my board that was on the lower biding when i t was in the rack and some guy tried to grab my board but then realized there was a lock on it when he tipped over the whole rack........ got his ticket pulled xD and banned for season

LMAO that's great!

kosmoz 12-28-2013 05:34 PM

What locks you guys use? Some cheap bycycle security chains?