Quick advice on getting bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
GrapeDrink

Default Quick advice on getting bindings

Ok, so right now i can barely carve. I bought a snowboard and now I need bindings. I plan on mostly carving (once I learn) since I'm new. I can't do park at all, but hopefully I will start near the end of the season. I bought Rome Targa bindings for $190, but they are out of stock, so the order is cancelled and I need to get bindings QUICK.

I need some recommendations for somewhat comparable bindings. I was all set on Targa and now I can't find a decent price (under $200) on them. Should I just go with 390's (around $170)? That's really meant for the park though, no? Arsenals seem like they would be a downer once I decide to try out the park one day. Rome The 390 Snowboard Bindings SALE SALE SALE! Rome Snowboard Bindings at Kingkeyser.com - King Keyser Sporting Goods Do these bindings look totally homosexual? Because if they do I'll get them. ahaha, kidding.. no, I don't want to look homosexual. I have an 08 Burton Custom, which sort of already looks whack. Top sheet white. Which Ride MVMNT's work best for what I want? Someone mentioned Deltas, but I've read those are more like 390-esque. I'm straight up about to join the dark side and just get Burton Cartels with their ridiculous (from what I've read) forward lean and uncomfortable straps. HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

try browsing about a day ago i put up a thread for targas for 175 shipped.
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
GrapeDrink

I actually saw it beforehand, but my size was out of stock (L/XL). So many stores have the s/m only. Annoying
Old 01-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default ski center

if you are ok with them in white:

$200
Rome Targa Snowboard Bindings | SkiCenter.com | Free Shipping | Ski Clothing | Ski Equipment | Snowboard Gear
hardpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

yeah just noticed that today about two days ago they had all sizes all colors guess people couldnt pass up the deal.
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ever think of K2 Formulas? Very versatile. Firsthand, I can tell you the flex is stiffer than the 390s, both in the highbacks and the ankle straps. I can charge groomers with enough responsiveness from the binders, while at the same time they are flexy enough to lock me into a press in the flats, whereas I can't really charge in 390s without feeling really really sketched out. (sorry no experience with Targas...)

and they're only 175 at dogfunk!
K2 Formula Snowboard Binding - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
GrapeDrink

Thanks for the Targas link. I've never considered the K2's, but I've read mostly positive reviews. Many of them were park riders though. Any others on the board have experience with k2 Formulas? They're about the same price as the Targa however, so I may just stick with the Targa unless I get some more suggestions.