Quick advice on getting bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM
GrapeDrink

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quick advice on getting bindings

Ok, so right now i can barely carve. I bought a snowboard and now I need bindings. I plan on mostly carving (once I learn) since I'm new. I can't do park at all, but hopefully I will start near the end of the season. I bought Rome Targa bindings for $190, but they are out of stock, so the order is cancelled and I need to get bindings QUICK.

I need some recommendations for somewhat comparable bindings. I was all set on Targa and now I can't find a decent price (under $200) on them. Should I just go with 390's (around $170)? That's really meant for the park though, no? Arsenals seem like they would be a downer once I decide to try out the park one day. Rome The 390 Snowboard Bindings SALE SALE SALE! Rome Snowboard Bindings at Kingkeyser.com - King Keyser Sporting Goods Do these bindings look totally homosexual? Because if they do I'll get them. ahaha, kidding.. no, I don't want to look homosexual. I have an 08 Burton Custom, which sort of already looks whack. Top sheet white. Which Ride MVMNT's work best for what I want? Someone mentioned Deltas, but I've read those are more like 390-esque. I'm straight up about to join the dark side and just get Burton Cartels with their ridiculous (from what I've read) forward lean and uncomfortable straps. HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
try browsing about a day ago i put up a thread for targas for 175 shipped.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 PM
GrapeDrink

I actually saw it beforehand, but my size was out of stock (L/XL). So many stores have the s/m only. Annoying
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 04:38 PM

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:19 PM

yeah just noticed that today about two days ago they had all sizes all colors guess people couldnt pass up the deal.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 PM

Ever think of K2 Formulas? Very versatile. Firsthand, I can tell you the flex is stiffer than the 390s, both in the highbacks and the ankle straps. I can charge groomers with enough responsiveness from the binders, while at the same time they are flexy enough to lock me into a press in the flats, whereas I can't really charge in 390s without feeling really really sketched out. (sorry no experience with Targas...)

and they're only 175 at dogfunk!
K2 Formula Snowboard Binding - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 04:48 AM
GrapeDrink

Thanks for the Targas link. I've never considered the K2's, but I've read mostly positive reviews. Many of them were park riders though. Any others on the board have experience with k2 Formulas? They're about the same price as the Targa however, so I may just stick with the Targa unless I get some more suggestions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode