use of helmets - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: use helmets?
yes 127 76.05%
no 40 23.95%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default use of helmets

who uses them if you do which ones
buttchunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I do I have a smith holt helmet and i realy like it
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
jonnydanger

I'm guilty of not wearing one 100% of the time, like when I take out someone new and know I'm just going to slooooowly cruise, but if I'm riding in any serious way at all I always have it on. Years ago when I worked at a shop and started going with more experienced guys they insisted I wore a helmet and from then on I just do.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I see sooo many people who dont wear em, but I always do, I mean its saved my mellon a lot of times, why not wear one? I find them more comfy and warm then toques for the most part anyways.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

giro omen is what i have. And to be honest i like wearing it alot better then a beanie. Helemts are so light now a days you barely notice them. Nice and warm as well.
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
SpringheelJack

My helmet's warmer than any beanie, provides a better resting place for my goggles, and I'm completely used to wearing it. Like jonnydanger, I'd only not wear it if I was going to be riding with someone new all day, and it was warm enough to not need it.

I wear a K2 Cinch. It's awesome. Light, sturdy, and has a boa like system that adjusts the lining to fit your head perfectly, and allows you to loosen it a little to shove a balaclava in there on cold days.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
h2o119906

smith holt. 38 days on the snow so far this season. 38 days of wearing a helmet.

Ride PHAT.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

A couple years ago on a Whistler trip, a couple friends busted their faces in the iciest conditions I've ever been on. Prior to that, only about 5 of my friends owned helmets. The following couple weeks, about 5-6 of us went and got helmets. I wore it the rest of that season, and the beginning of last season. I forgot it at home one day, last season, and haven't ridden with it since. I'll prob bust it out if I'm going to be doing a full day in the park and trying new things, but otherwise it's just much more comfortable without.

I've got the Giro Fuse with the Tune-Ups audio kit.

Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i was forced to wear one at the mt i road at last week, cost me 70$ canadian about 55ish american. i used to hate wearing a helmet, i may start wearing one all the time and all of my buddies agree....red trace helmet btw..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
h2o119906

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I don`t wear one. Just can`t stand the way they feel on my head. What I do wear is the RED padded beanie that has 1/2 inch ballistic foam sewn into it. Helmets protect you from impacts with solid objects like trees, rocks, rails ice etc. They will protect you from the things that will crack your head open but many people have the mistaken belief that they protect you from a concussion. They only marginally cushion these impacts. When you slam you head down on the snow, what causes the concussion is your brain slamming into the inside of your head. A helmet is like having a really bumper on your car; it may protect the car`s body, but you as the occupant inside the car are still going to hit the dash if not seat belted in. Your brain is like the un seat belted occupant of the car hitting the dash.
wait, so how do I put a seatbelt on my brain...?