Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   What year and model is this Arbor board? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/114809-what-year-model-arbor-board.html)

eda96 12-28-2013 03:36 PM

What year and model is this Arbor board?

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone able to help me determine what year and model this Arbor board is. Only label it has (other than all the stickers) is "Bird's Eye Maple T51" (which I assume means it's a 151cm board)? Is that assumption likely correct?

I'll likely just sell it locally in Southern CA on Craigslist. I'd appreciate any takes on what the board might be worth…

Thanks all for your thoughts… :D

bseracka 12-28-2013 03:42 PM

Are you sure it's even an arbor? arbor would usually have their name somewhere on it. any pics of the base

eda96 12-28-2013 04:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Fair enough, sorry I missed pretty obvious. my web searches have just proven so fruitless. there may well be 1 million different snowboards out there. I'm even waiting for some contact at Arbor to come back from their holiday time off to inquire about the year and model of the serial # you'll see pictured in the new shots included…

oh & btw if any have spouses or friends who happen to be skiers that sticker is a previous owners sentiment :dunno:

eda96 01-08-2014 12:32 PM

I heard back from an Arbor rep & he made it sound like this board might be desirable as a "vintage" collectible. He said "it's most likely a 1997. It was part of the model series called the Woodie. No idea on the original retail price though."

He went on to say if I'd like to sell it one of the Arbor guys he knows might want to buy it.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but is it possible this board could be worth the several hundred to a couple/few thousands legends hold some old boards are worth at auction.

Can anyone suggest a value? Or how would you go about determining its worth? I've seen a Utah museum for the sport that claims they can help you with an appraisal for $30... Would you try that? Or would doing so be naive in your opinion?

I'd hate to be the guy who sold a great collectible board worth some bucks for $150 on Craigslist. Whatcha think gurus? (Tear me up as overly selfish if you must).

jdang307 01-08-2014 12:42 PM

I doubt it's worth that much. Probably someone who wants to collect only arbor boards would like it?

bseracka 01-08-2014 08:15 PM

I think 150 was over paying. I'm guessing if you get an offer it will be in the $70 range. I don't see any collector value other than to an Arbor guy.

CERBERUS.lucid 01-08-2014 09:47 PM

Where in SoCal? I'd pay $50 picked up... I just want to use it as a canvas to paint on... as far as hoping its worth several hundred dollars, not a chance. But you never know what a collector is willing to pay