has anyone used the signal park rocker? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default has anyone used the signal park rocker?

i was wondering if anyone has personal experience with the board? im looking for a park only board and i was thinking of getting the hero but damn does that park rocker look fun as hell. the 1-2 foot butters in the youtube vids are gnarly...its also quite cheaper, and signals rep is growing fast as a great park board. so if anyone has experience with it and wants to save me 100$ let me know how you like it.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I talked t a guy at a shop about it and he said it feel like riding an old skateboard that has lost its pop. Kinda ewwey. If you want a rocker jib board, go with the Weapon, Horroscope, Hero, or Revolver-R.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You know it's crap when you can wrap it twice around a rail.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

lol, havent seen that but it doesnt sound good. i think im gunna stay away. seems like some carbon stringers would possibly help it out..
Old 01-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Haven't ridden it myself but I hear good things and the rocker is RIDICULOUSLY exaggerated.
Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tonkatk1

I just bought the Signal "park rocker" a few days ago as a second fun butter board b/c of the extreme rocker. When i get it i'll post a review, if your still looking. Should be a week until i can ride it.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tonkatk1

Actually, to make it more of a meaningful review, I'll compare it to my CAPITA horoscope FK.Let you know.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

bought a stairmaster..after seein better pics of the signal i wouldnt spend money on it lol. the design is too weird for me to trust.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
Old 04-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Reviving this from the dead. Tonkat, how did you like the Signal?
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tonkatk1

Default Signal Park Rocker Review:

Snowboard: Signal Park Rocker 152
Bindings: Union Force L/XL
Conditions: Spring Conditions
Experience: 8 years

The first thing I noticed besides the extreme rocker was how light this board felt. The board weighed in at 10.2 pounds with the Union Force bindings attached. For a comparison a Burton custom 156 with Burton P1ís weights in at 10.8, and a Rome 158 with 390ís weights in at 12.8 pounds. For some, it may not matter, but for those who do, there you have it.

First Impression:
When I first took it down the hill I noticed how easy it was to flick around, for a comparison I was not able to get the Capita horrorscope out, I knowÖ that would have been a better comparison but I will use a Rome Agent as a reference. Different beasts but a good reference from a traditional camber to an extreme reverse camber. Now when I say ďflickĒ yes I mean super super easy to maneuver, I could flick this board around to switch and back in a heart beat. Best of all with no edge catch, catch and care free this board was. Much easier from a traditional camber in my opinion.

Pressability :
well as any review will tell you, yes this board does press how everyone says it does. I was strapped in leaned back and the nose was 6 inches off the ground.
Tail press: effortless, fun, however, lean too far and it will fold on you. For this reason maybe go up two inches in size from your original consideration if considering. I was tail pressing down the hill, with the nose a foot in the sky (no joke) passing other boarders. Kind of funny, super fun.

Spinning butters:
With out a doubt this is the boardís forte. It thrives for pressing, no joke, I was able to spin this board on its nose for so long, after a few runs a had to sit down in the snow and restrain my self from puking, true story. By the end of the day I felt like I just came out of NASAís gyrator.

Ollie:
What OllieÖ well, the park rocker can ollie, itís most defiantly not itís strong suit, but with a lot of loading and a strong pop you can get it off the snow with some height, but donít expect to be reaching for Neil Armstrong and Buz aldrin with this thing.

POW:
Even though it was spring conditions, there still was some deep snow. I really was surprised how this board did. It propelled itís self on top and pushed through the deep stuff when coming of a groomer. I can defiantly see how the ďrockerĒ benefits in this area.

Speed:
I have read a lot of reviews saying this board is no good for charging. Well, itís not its designed intention, however; it really didnít do too badly. It was a bit sketch when going down at full throttle, but it handled it. Really though, I thought it was kind of fun because it was super easy to flick around. For a beginner thoughÖ you may be eating it. It is a little loose with edge hold, youíre not going to be doing deep, powerful carves, but thatís expected.

Jumps:
You wonít be doing any 40-50 footers with this board in my opinion. At least I wonít be thatís for sure. I took it off a kicker, landed slightly on the tail first to absorb some impact and it folded on me. Iím done with that. For grounds tricks and smaller stuff your fine.

Jibs:
Itís designed intention, and does well at it. It also spins really easy when flat, no edge catch. I donít know if the edges are detuned, but to me it seems like it.

Final Thoughts:
This board has the personality of a kid with a.d.d thatís on a sugar high playing in play round. Itís fun to watch, fun to ride, catch & care free, but you canít do much with it. You can press it/butter it, jib it, and thatís what itís for. You can have some fun with ground tricks, but it may fold on you if youíre not careful. I would recommend this board to someone looking for an extra board to throw around on the hills. If all you want from it is to do butters, then look no farther.

After riding a ďrockerĒ board, I would not buy a traditional camber board again. If you want one board and just one board, look for something a bit stiffer. In my opinion ďrockerĒ boards seem easier to flick around, press, and ride in Pow.

As for the Union Force Bindings, great bindings, like everyoneís complaints the nose strap does slide if not super snug. They are a little stiffer binding then the Rome 390ís. With the Rome 390ís I could tweak it out a bit more. Thatís my take on it.