New board set up thoughts - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 02:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819Virginia View Post
Hello guys

I am new to this forum and being boarding for a while but didn't had chance to go out last couple years with kids and marriage

so anyway, I rode 2006 Liptech T.Rice and I thought it would be nice to get a new this year (last years model to save $$)

My main complain with T-Rice was it chatters too much on certain surface and it is hard to rice fast due to un-stability

so this time, I got

156 Salomon Sick Stick (2013) with
Rome 360 Boss (2013)

I am 5'10" and 170lb

I dont ride park, after pass 30, I am not as brave as I used to be

how is this two set up and why is my T-Rice not as stable.?
So when does the liptech give you lip....when and where does it start flapping it's gums? I'd imagine that it occures when its icy, going at a good rate of speed, perhaps too transverse the fall line and it will flap the nose if ur too far on the tail...OR flap its tail if ur too far on the nose. I would bet its not the board but your technique. If its not these issues...then lighten up (don't dig in the edge), get in the fall-line and let it rip...a little lip ain't nothing but chatter.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 12-29-2013 at 02:37 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 02:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

It is more rattling feel when I go icy uneven surface in a higher speed. I tried with my buddies Never Summer (cant remember the model)and it held up pretty well unlike my Lip Tech.

Could be my technique, but the rattle and unstability feels generally the entire board. the whole literally bounce and rattles.. and scares me to ride faster.
819Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Resident poet

c2btx is always going to feel a bit squirrly when maching on ice...due to rocker and level of flex (softer = more chatter) compared to a camber or a board with less rocker. c2btx is stable but you have to be more on the nose and move more fore&aft during parts of the turn...compared to a cambered board. Newer boards are generally designed for being more damp
Old 12-29-2013, 02:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

you are awesome, thanks for the advise
819Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:11 AM   #15 (permalink)

k2 turbo dream is prety good choise, it will not be so stable on icy conditions, but everywhere else it will be good. it does not have some super crazy fast base, so you will be able to point it down without fear.

Myself wanted more speed and was thinking between K2 Slayblade and Salomon The Man's board, picked the Salomon. It looks better, it is a little bit softer with easier turn initiation, so for my ability level K2 slayblade would be to hardcore and no pressing/jibing at all. In your case - pick Turbo and you will be satisfied as hell
kosmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
c2btx is always going to feel a bit squirrly when maching on ice...due to rocker and level of flex (softer = more chatter) compared to a camber or a board with less rocker. c2btx is stable but you have to be more on the nose and move more fore&aft during parts of the turn...compared to a cambered board. Newer boards are generally designed for being more damp
I thought the 2007 Skate Banana was the first rocker board & c2btx came a couple years after that?

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
I thought the 2007 Skate Banana was the first rocker board & c2btx came a couple years after that?

TT
duh..ur right...years fly past me these days