guys, I'm in the market for a new board ..
Currently riding a lib tech rice, but wanted to try out something new - was thinking about Jones flagship.
I'm allmountain/freeride guy, Lib Tech I have, is a perfect board for me, but Jones is tempting. So i'm wondering, if it's not a downsize - ride/quality wise.
Any reviews, quality concerns, etc (?)
I'm only affraid, the magna and rocker I'm now used to might be a problem, as it absents on a flagship, but on the other hand, I've been riding cambers for ages before I switched to libs,so ..
I've owned 2 TRICE - a camber and a c2 161.5
Had a first yr flag 161 or 164
Quickly off the top of my head without looking at specs.
- Flag was stiffer, heavier and also torsionally stiffer. Not a "fun" board like a TRS or Jones Mt twin would be. Tankish and less playful than the TRICE. It will "ride" you if you're not competent
- My flag was not damp - you could feel every hit/vibration( Jones may have addressed this as mine was year one)
- MTX on the Rice is much more pronounced and aggressive as the mtx on the flag is barely visible.
- My camber rice was a directional twin, c2 was twin shape/flex. Flag is directional shape/flex with setback stance. Ride is very different between the 2 decks. -- Flag was better in powder.
- Flag was much faster edge to edge as the WW was MUCH less than TRICE
- off the top of my head = RICE is camber rocker camber Flag is rocker camber rocker. Again, there is no "better", it's rider preference.
- Both were very fast, and stable… Flag excelled in deep snow and hike to terrain, Rice was better inbounds/groomers/all mountain.
Both are solid decks, but they ride and perform VERY differently.