Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Board shopping (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/115193-board-shopping.html)

MattL21 12-29-2013 10:55 PM

Board shopping

Hi, I'm new to these forums and new to buying snowboards. This will be my first board i have ever bought and I'm very confused on what will work for me and what will not.

I am 5"9 135 lbs and I have a size 11 boot.

currently i am looking at the 2013 DC Ply snowboard (the torstein edition) 150.5 cm and 24.8 waist width.

my questions:

1. will a large binding fit on this board, if not will i be able to fit into a medium?

2. how much over hang am i looking at?

3. Will this set up work?????

Flylo 12-30-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattL21 (Post 1382081)
Hi, I'm new to these forums and new to buying snowboards. This will be my first board i have ever bought and I'm very confused on what will work for me and what will not.

currently i am looking at the 2013 DC Ply snowboard (the torstein edition) 150.5 cm and 24.8 waist width.

my questions:

1. will a large binding fit on this board, if not will i be able to fit into a medium?

Large bindings will fit the board. If you don't have a pair of boots with a significantly reduced footprint your feet won't fit into a Medium.

A fair bit. I have size US11 boots and on my Evil Twin (with a ww of 251) I get quite a lot of overhang. Not enough to make me drag my heels and toes, but generally speaking for a boot size US11 a ww of 252mm + is recommended.

It'll work but it's not ideal. You haven't bought the board yet so it's all good. Perhaps some riders within your weight range will chime in and recommend some boards for you. But in a nutshell, I wouldn't buy that particular board if I was you. I'd be getting something a touch longer and definitely wider.

MattL21 12-30-2013 08:54 AM

Thank you for the reply! It is very helpful.

But with a wide waist width, that means I need a longer board....

If this is true, am I looking for too small of a board? I read online my size would be 149-152 but I believe that highest width waist is around 250mm

speedjason 12-30-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattL21 (Post 1382945)
Thank you for the reply! It is very helpful.

But with a wide waist width, that means I need a longer board....

If this is true, am I looking for too small of a board? I read online my size would be 149-152 but I believe that highest width waist is around 250mm

dont they make wide models for 15x cm boards?
also 5'9 135lbs? dude you are anorexia. time to eat more dude.

kaborkian 12-30-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattL21 (Post 1382081)

my questions:

1. You need large or xl, depending on brand of binding. Technically. Any binding will mount on any board (other than burton est on non est boards).

2. A lot, on that board anyway.

3. Yes, but not well.

Look for a 151-154 wide. Here's one:

Ride Agenda Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet