Broke bindings - need some new ones for the weekend - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
SKooT1027

Default Broke bindings - need some new ones for the weekend

I haven't been boarding too long. I got probably 12-15 days in last season. Most of which were local, smaller CT mountains. I was in CO for 2 days with a buddy. I can hold my own on most beginner and intermediate trails, but still don't usually make it all the way down w/o hitting the snow at least once. I got my setup 2 years ago, used it once or twice that year, and then all last season. I took it down a couple weeks ago to play outside in the snow, and as soon as I went to strap in my binding straps snapped. This isnt the first, or even second, time this has happened, so I'm done with trying to replace them.

Current Setup:
Rossignol Circuit (wide) 161
Salomon Boots (need to find model - don't really like)
LTD Bindings - Broken

The boots I can manage with for the weekend until I can go and try on some locally, but I really need new bindings. I don't want to spend a ton, but I don't want to cheap out either. I was thinking something basic like a Burton Custom, Mission or Freestyle, but can anyone recommend any? Not a Burton brand whore, as you can tell from my setup. Just I don't know much about other bindings. They need to be Large (size 11/12 boot). Ideally an 08 model so I can catch it on a clearance.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I don't do park and the majority of what I ride is a nice mix of snow and ice. Not much soft powder.

edit: Bindings were ltd, not ride

Last edited by SKooT1027; 01-13-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
put1up

i recommend Flows.
i got a set of last year's Flite 2's for my new board for under $100. they usually aren't more than $150.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
SKooT1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by put1up View Post
i recommend Flows.
i got a set of last year's Flite 2's for my new board for under $100. they usually aren't more than $150.
What do you like about the Flows vs the other brands? Anything in particular?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
put1up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKooT1027 View Post
What do you like about the Flows vs the other brands? Anything in particular?

i've ridden Flows exclusively, so don't have much in the lines of comparison. My buddies mostly all rock Flows; we call ratchet bindings "no-bro's" b/c while you're still strappin in, all your bro's with Flows are halfway down the mtn. you can literally be strapped in before you're off the lift.

people say they aren't as tight as ratchets, which is the main complaint i've heard. i freeride more than play in the park, but haven't really noticed anything i'd call a problem. i kind of like the looseness-- when they're real loose i can get my knees within inches of the board.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
tands05

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKooT1027 View Post
I haven't been boarding too long. I got probably 12-15 days in last season. Most of which were local, smaller CT mountains. I was in CO for 2 days with a buddy. I can hold my own on most beginner and intermediate trails, but still don't usually make it all the way down w/o hitting the snow at least once. I got my setup 2 years ago, used it once or twice that year, and then all last season. I took it down a couple weeks ago to play outside in the snow, and as soon as I went to strap in my binding straps snapped. This isnt the first, or even second, time this has happened, so I'm done with trying to replace them.

Current Setup:
Rossignol Circuit (wide) 161
Salomon Boots (need to find model - don't really like)
LTD Bindings - Broken

The boots I can manage with for the weekend until I can go and try on some locally, but I really need new bindings. I don't want to spend a ton, but I don't want to cheap out either. I was thinking something basic like a Burton Custom, Mission or Freestyle, but can anyone recommend any? Not a Burton brand whore, as you can tell from my setup. Just I don't know much about other bindings. They need to be Large (size 11/12 boot). Ideally an 08 model so I can catch it on a clearance.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I don't do park and the majority of what I ride is a nice mix of snow and ice. Not much soft powder.

edit: Bindings were ltd, not ride

Best Prices on Ride LX Snowboard Bindings Black - Mens Snowboards Binding Snowboarding Gear Equipment

Have fun
Old 01-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
SKooT1027

Whats your guys take on the Rome Arsenal? Worth ~$100? I keep hearing good things. I like the hybrid toe strap idea.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Super Stiff and Super Unforgiving.

But worth it.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
SKooT1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
Super Stiff and Super Unforgiving.

But worth it.
that good or bad? I'd rank myself at between beginner and intermediate. Dont want to get something that will make it harder
Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gustov

i can suggest ride EX's. i think they're $150 brand new. i've never had a problem with them.

on the flow bindings subject. it takes me about 10 seconds to strap in my back foot after i get off the lift. i don't think strap in speed should affect your decision to buy flow bindings.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
SKooT1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustov View Post
i can suggest ride EX's. i think they're $150 brand new. i've never had a problem with them.

on the flow bindings subject. it takes me about 10 seconds to strap in my back foot after i get off the lift. i don't think strap in speed should affect your decision to buy flow bindings.
Thanks I agree. I didnt remember Flow were the quick strap in type. I prefer the old fashion ratchet. I don't like step in's either.

There a big diff bw ex and lx? The link above for the LX is like $80 new. That sound like a good deal?