Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Looking to buy a beginner/intermediate board - help (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/115353-looking-buy-beginner-intermediate-board-help.html)

caiere 12-30-2013 02:10 PM

Looking to buy a beginner/intermediate board - help

Hey! I'm thinking of getting a new board but in all honesty I have no idea how to choose, haha. If I do, I'll probably be sticking to the same board for quite some time. I usually just cruise but my friends wanna try out the park so I might end up going there too. I was also wondering if getting a stomp pad/studs is worth it? First board I rented had one and it was pretty useful, but my current board doesn't and my foot slides when I get off the lift.

5'2, 115lbs with tiny size 5.5-6.5 feet
My budget for the board is around $300-$400.
[e] female btw

Thanks! (:

F1EA 12-30-2013 03:11 PM

If you're willing to put some thought into it, check this out:
How To Buy A Snowboard - 5 Things You Need to Know

For more help, click the "free snowboard guide" link, he'll ask for your email and send you a bunch of useful stuff you may find helpful or opt out.

Based on your sizes, it seems you're either growing up or just tiny. So you'll be looking for stuff on the smaller range (you'll prob be lucky enough to find good prices for those sizes). If growing up (bulking up), then consider that and compromise on a more long term setup (ie bigger, to suit you more once you grow) if you want.

Basically, your preferred riding style, weight and boot size determine your board/setup...

Riley212 12-30-2013 03:25 PM

I'm guessing you are a woman. If so go to this site and pick one that's about 145cm. Women's Snowboards | evo

caiere 12-30-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1EA (Post 1384329)
If you're willing to put some thought into it, check this out:
How To Buy A Snowboard - 5 Things You Need to Know

For more help, click the "free snowboard guide" link, he'll ask for your email and send you a bunch of useful stuff you may find helpful or opt out.

Based on your sizes, it seems you're either growing up or just tiny. So you'll be looking for stuff on the smaller range (you'll prob be lucky enough to find good prices for those sizes). If growing up (bulking up), then consider that and compromise on a more long term setup (ie bigger, to suit you more once you grow) if you want.

Basically, your preferred riding style, weight and boot size determine your board/setup...

Haha no, I'm just tiny. Thanks for the link! Gonna go check that out

F1EA 12-30-2013 03:47 PM

:thumbsup:
A couple of girl friends of mine have rocker/flat/rocker and they like it a lot for the same kind of riding as you mention.

So, in terms of profile... if you are not looking for an aggressive, poppy board, then rocker/flat/rocker is pretty do it all; very stable and the rocker tips help for park stuff, powder and not catching edges.

If you figure you want maybe more aggressive pop and edging, then rocker/camber/rocker is neat. Ride has a low rize rocker hybrid thing which is very mellow rocker/camber/rocker.

caiere 12-30-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley212 (Post 1384345)
I'm guessing you are a woman. If so go to this site and pick one that's about 145cm. Women's Snowboards | evo

Aw I live in Canada and the shipping costs add an extra $100 or so
wish I was in the US and was eligible for free shipping :(

caiere 12-30-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1EA (Post 1384433)
:thumbsup:
A couple of girl friends of mine have rocker/flat/rocker and they like it a lot for the same kind of riding as you mention.

So, in terms of profile... if you are not looking for an aggressive, poppy board, then rocker/flat/rocker is pretty do it all; very stable and the rocker tips help for park stuff, powder and not catching edges.

If you figure you want maybe more aggressive pop and edging, then rocker/camber/rocker is neat. Ride has a low rize rocker hybrid thing which is very mellow rocker/camber/rocker.

Aah rocker/flat/rocker sounds good for me :)

Also, would you by chance know of any places I could order from Canada? Or maybe just walk into a store and get one? I'm in Ottawa and I don't think there are that many shops here (or I just don't know where to find them..)

ksup3erb 12-30-2013 04:30 PM

Google returns a number of hits

atr3yu 12-30-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caiere (Post 1384497)
Aah rocker/flat/rocker sounds good for me :)

Also, would you by chance know of any places I could order from Canada? Or maybe just walk into a store and get one? I'm in Ottawa and I don't think there are that many shops here (or I just don't know where to find them..)

Alternative113.com is a good online retailer in canada. No where near as much stuff as the usa online stores. They do ship for free though, at least most of the time.

caiere 12-30-2013 04:43 PM

Cool, thanks guys!
I'm looking around on pacificboarder.com right now.
This would be so much easier if I was taller sigh