Burton Tributes- 08 vs. 09? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Tributes- 08 vs. 09?

Hi All,

Beginner snowboarder hear.. looking to find a good pair of boots at fair price.

I found an okay deal on a pair of new 2008 Burton Tribute boots, and for $40 more I can go to a local store a pick up the 2009 pair.

Im finding it hard to find any differences between the two seasons.. can anyone comment on these boots respective to their season? or have any suggestions to add?

Thanks so much.
Cheers.
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
kyouness

you can't really skimp on the price of boots. leave about $150-250 on boots alone and try on as many as you can. buy the one that fits the best. not sure if you've tried on those boots you mention but i'd really suggest you do if you haven't already. nothing worse than sore feet on top of the mountain.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

I understand the importance of trying on boots before purchase, and my intention isnt to "skimp" out on the cost either.

These boots caught my attention because of the menufacturer reputation and its generous pricing. Which is why I am seeking information from fellow riders who know of this line of boots, or own them personally.

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

^bump

anyone else?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
kMc

i personally find that burton boots dont fit my feet at all. ive tried on many varieties and sizes from different years, and they just dont work. there are differences in sizing, i have come to find, from year to year. you seriously need to just go to a store and try them on. i hadnt even considered k2 boots until i tried them and they fit me perfectly and i love them.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
krazykay5487

I am a noob I tried on a few different boots, tributes felt great, they fit good, fair price. To me the 09 Tributes look very similar to the 08 im not sur what the difference is. I figured since its was my first time buying gear I would use these boots for the first year until I learned more about the sport and how I ride. I got the boots from Zappos, free overnight shipping and free returned shipping. I orded 3 different sizes so I could walk around the house with them on to make sure I picked the right size, and sent back the other two.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Relyt23

I bought the tributes and I think they feel great on my feet. I am a size 13, and am a person who likes to pronate. I do not have the highest arch on my feet either. Anyway, I think they fit and feel great. But like others are saying that is just MY opinion.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
cky4skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp0xia View Post

These boots caught my attention because of the menufacturer reputation and its generous pricing. Which is why I am seeking information from fellow riders who know of this line of boots, or own them personally.

Thanks.
Stop right there...becuase burton has a good rep? dude u gotta be kidding me i dont know how burton got to be so damn "cool" that everyone thinks its such a great company well stop fooling yourself...anyways go with some DC boots man u will never be disappointed. They been making shoes for over i dunno like 10+ years and they know what they are doing..check out some DC's before u buy the trendy burtons.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky4skater View Post
Stop right there...becuase burton has a good rep? dude u gotta be kidding me i dont know how burton got to be so damn "cool" that everyone thinks its such a great company well stop fooling yourself...anyways go with some DC boots man u will never be disappointed. They been making shoes for over i dunno like 10+ years and they know what they are doing..check out some DC's before u buy the trendy burtons.
I gotta be kidding you? Don't act surprised. I don't think it's abnormal to trust a brand which was founded by a man who nearly invented the sport.

Saying that I will NEVER be disappointed is quite an overstatement. Sounds like DC paid you to say that, and is quite biased opinion. That's just as bad as all the rookies who consider Burton as a reputable brand. Which I'm sure they still are regardless of how their boots fit you. Probably overpriced though.

Thanks to everyone else who commented on the Tributes specifically. Which is exactly what this thread is for (not an opportunity to promote the brand that fits you the best). It doesn't sound like there is a difference between the two seasons either. The next chance I get I'm going to try them on (yes, along with many more).

Cheers.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
cky4skater

no they never paid me to say n e thing and yea it is biased because i wear them and for 5 seasons they never let me down..

Last edited by cky4skater; 01-14-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: felt like it....