Lib tech hot knife sizing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
jxu

Default Lib tech hot knife sizing

Hi everyone, been lurking this board for great info for a while and really appreciate everyone's input.

I am in the market for a new board, and just want to get you opinions. I found a 2013 159 Lib Tech Hot Knife for $375 shipped and was wondering if that size is good for me, or should I go with the 153 instead. I weigh in at 160lbs with size 9 boots. My current board is a stiff rated 158 Atomic Banger (with a 25.1 CM waist width), and it is amazing for hard charging and pow, but it felt a little cumbersome and due to its tapered shape it was tricky to ride switch.

I live in Ontario, Canada so we have icy night riding conditions. I also make yearly trips out to different mountains out east; Jay Peak, Smuggs, Killington area, hence I was looking at Lib Tech's Magnetraction I spend my time on mainly on ungroomed trails, and of course groomed and glades; almost never hitting the park.

I am worried sizing down will affect my stability, but also going even longer than what I currently have will in turn make it hard to maneuver.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciate, also as my budget is sub $400, anything under that is also in for consideration.

Thanks!
jxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You jump from 159 to 153. Why not 156?
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
MJP

153 or 156... I weight 5lbs more than you, owned a trice 157, downsized to a 153 and couldn't be happier. Lib's ride A LOT bigger than they are. Just depends on what you do with them as well...
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
jxu

The shop I am thinking of getting the board from only has those 2 sizes in stock, but a member here just msged me willing to part with his 156 so I think the problem is solved! Can't wait till I get my hands on it.
jxu is offline   Reply With Quote