Board / Boots / Bindings Help for Beginner... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
NSteinhauer

Default Board / Boots / Bindings Help for Beginner...

Long story, short, I went snowboarding for the first time in 2008. Want to get serious. Very much a beginner. Going to Colorado, Vermont, and West Virginia this year and think it might be wise to pick up my own stuff. Wanted to run it by you folks first before I do something irrational...

Height: 6'2
Weight: 185
Shoe Size: 12

I've been looking everywhere and I want to find the best deal but there are limited options in the wide board category. I really like the '09 Burton Custom Wide and I found it at LibertyBoardShop.com for $399. The Burton '09 Custom bindings I found for $129 and the Burton '09 Moto boots I found for $89. However, is all of this a good idea or is there something else I should look at? I literally feel like I've looked at every snowboard available. I know I need a wide board and I'd like one I can use just to head down the hill (not interested in park yet) and hit a few jumps from time to time.

I would appreciate any help you all can provide! You all know better than I do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
NSteinhauer

Just found a good deal on a Lib Tech Travis Rice MTX...better board? Seems like the width is just as wide as some wide boards I've looked at. I've heard a lot of people complain about Burton equipment as of late, too. Makes me nervous.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
cky4skater

Default Burton..psh

ok first off..burton...shitty company nothing personal but they are like the mainstream of snowboard and are not always quality products... now lib tech hand makes and tests every single board they make as for burton they make one model..test it then mass produce the board so its not always like you're getting a fully tested board. but i have been riding for 8 years and i seen a lot of companies through in and out and i've rode most of them. I would say for a board go with the lib tech..they are straight up ahead of the game in snowboard technology...for the boots nothing but DC they have made shoes for many many years and they know what they're doing on the boot aspect. and as for bindings it really comes down to comfort for me and Flux definately knows what they are doing...plus this stuff is reasonably priced. check out these web sites : Forum Snowboards | Obey Clothing | Flow Snowboard Bindings | DC and 32 Snowboard Boots | Gnu and Roxy | Volcom | Skate Shoes | boardparadise.com The House Snowboards Snowboard Boots Bindings Clothing and Dogfunk.com: Snowboarding Clothing and Gear from Burton, Volcom, DC Shoe Co., RVCA, Nixon, Oakley, Vans, Reef, DAKINE, Forum, and Zoo York board paradise i really like becuase they have good pricing. hope it helps......PS this is only one persons opinion so check around and ask friends who have been riding for some time
Old 01-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

the boardparadise link just kills it too

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
cky4skater

what no faith in boardparadise?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
NSteinhauer

That BoardParadise.com is unbelievable on prices right now! I've always loved the Arbor Crossbow...$300! Would a size 12 boot fit on that board without too much toe / heel drag?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
NSteinhauer

Ah forget it, don't have my size on the Crossbow...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
cky4skater

yea i would check on the lib techs or the never summer boards they are nice quality and price is worth wat they are
Old 01-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
NSteinhauer

Alright, so after looking at Board Paradise I found some boards I might be interested in...

Rome Manual Wide 159 $250
GNU High Beam Carbon Wide 161 $250
Lib Tech T. Rice 157 $300

Anything sound like a good deal?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Boardparadise and tightboards are closely affiliated. Many ppl on the board have had bad experiences with them. Before you buy from them, read this thread: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...aud-alert.html
markee is offline   Reply With Quote