Small Boot Size = No Options in Vegas - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Small Boot Size = No Options in Vegas

So I bought my first board last night on impulse. It was a 152 cm brand new 09 Rome Agent for 300. I thought it was a good deal at the time but I am a beginner with 1 week of experience on a 142 cm board and a 7.5 shoe and I heard that it might be too aggressive for newbies so I am not so sure anymore. I'm not even 100% on the size either but I estimated that range from prior posts on the forum. My stats are as follows:

Weight: 140 lbs
Height: 5'3"
Boot Size: 7
Riding Style: All mountain (Mainly freeride but I want to do jumps and basic tricks)
Budget: $500-700 overall
Location: Las Vegas, NV (Mt. Charleston, Brian Head, Big Bear)
Experience: 1 time but I have skied several times before

However, my problem now is that I cannot find boots for my foot size. One of the shop guys at McGhie's measured my foot to be a 6 and I normally wear size 7-7 1/2 for shoes. However, all of the six boots I have tried were size 7 and I have not had a problem with my heel raising and my toes would be next to the tip of the shoe so I do not know what is up with that.

I have been to major sporting good stores like Sport Chalet, Dicks Sporting Goods, REI, and Sports Authority as well as snowboarding stores in the area like McGhie's and "Powder and Sun." The only size 7 shoes I could find were the cheaper pairs like Ride Orion M, Burton Tribute, Salomon Solace, 32 Prion, and 32 Exus. I'm willing to purchase boots that cost up to 300 but other than through the internet, I have no clue on how I could do that. If there was a store within 100 miles of me that was sure to have several size 7 shoes to choose from I would definitely go there but I don't want to waste gas money going to stores only to find out they serve everyone but adult males with small feet.

I'm thinking of just buying one of the entry level pairs I tried on at a shop and having them heat molded. The 32 Prions were the most comfortable and did not cause any pain except for my front toes banging into the front whenever I would walk (but were fine when I stood or flexed my knees). However, there are just so many other boots out there I haven't tried so I am not sure if this is a good idea.

So what should I do? Should I buy women's boots (tried one at size 7 and it hurt bad)? Should I buy the 32 Prions? Should I buy online and hopefully return it if it does not fit? Any advice would be really appreciated, thanks.
TonySayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Prions are great, go with those if they're comfy..

If you did have to go with Women's boots you're not a 7, you'd be a 8 or 9 womens
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

well for 5'3" handling a 152 may be a challenge especially if you wish to get into park a bit more. im 5'6" and ride a 148 although i like my boards on the short side.
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

What happens in Vegas, stays in... ah screw it
Wreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckoning View Post
What happens in Vegas, stays in... ah screw it
Old 01-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Is that a picture of you Dawg Catcher? Sexy.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

seeing as you have 2 posts and the comment was not directed at you and the fact of i was actually trying to help you ill negate your comment as you being a douche, and respond with

Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Oh come on, I was only teasing not trying to be mean or anything. I actually thought your picture was pretty funny and thought you were the type of person who would play along instead of being offended. I apologize if you're seriously offended because I called you sexy. And no, I'm not gay, but that guy makes me wish I was ;-). In all seriousness, I did appreciate your comment though and hope we can be friends.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

friends possibly no, offended def no, its the internet you gotta let everything roll off your back i just love pushing the envelope. but for real i would consider going down in board size. keep in mind im a girl and i only ride a 148 even being 3" taller so i would consider going 151 at the max maybe even smaller.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
Prions are great, go with those if they're comfy..

If you did have to go with Women's boots you're not a 7, you'd be a 8 or 9 womens
Thanks for the info Jenzo, I probably will get the Prions and superfeet since it's the safest bet for now. I just can't help but want more. I guess I can use them till next season or so and if I happen to travel out of state I'll be able to try on some Salomon F22s in size 7.