Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Help

So in the next three days I'll be able to own another board. I weigh 145lbs, 5'8", 9.5 boot. I currently ride a 148 Capita Scaremaster. Its great the park but gets a little sketchy for the rest of the mountain and giant hits and is practically worthless in freshy deepness-its just to short is all. So I'm going with a K2 because I have a proform. Now that I'm done with the background here's the question.

I'm looking at either the K2 Darkstar 152, 155, or Believer 154. In general I like softer boards. Days I specifically go out to ride park, I'll be on my Capita. I'll be on the new board all the other days, deep days, cruiser days, tree days..any days I don't want to ride park. But I don't want the board to be a hinderence if I do feel like taking a lap on one of those days. Will the 152 give me a satisfactory amount of float? Will the 155 be to big for my likings in the park? Will the Believer be to stiff and too big for my likings in the park? I also value agility a little more than stability.

Alright, someone convince me of something. In the last 2 months I've gone back and forth, back and forth.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 01-13-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Um, I have zip experience with any of those boards, but just a few tips. Don't use what anyone says as a means to buy something. Get all the reviews online you can, debate the tradeoffs and what you want, then YOU make the call and convince yourself of what you want. Look very throughly into something before buying it, you'll be glad you did.

Screw being normal
Vlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psyre

My buddy has a believer and loves it. I wanted one but found an amazing deal on a Dominant for my park board.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaze View Post
Um, I have zip experience with any of those boards, but just a few tips. Don't use what anyone says as a means to buy something. Get all the reviews online you can, debate the tradeoffs and what you want, then YOU make the call and convince yourself of what you want. Look very throughly into something before buying it, you'll be glad you did.
I have done all that. Thats kinda my problem. I haven't come up with anything on my own. Its more of an overload of knowledge that is my problem. If you look throug the forum I'm often the one giving strong advice. But the only review I could get that would help is someone with my exact situation. Which I have yet to find. So knowing that ultimately I'll problably be happy no matter the choice I feel comfortable having others help me. I just can't pull the trigger either way.

Also, buy my things?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Bumpity bump

Also, buy my things?