Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Best do it all board you have ridden (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/115633-best-do-all-board-you-have.html)

Reptars69ing 12-31-2013 01:01 PM

Best do it all board you have ridden

ice, powder, park jumps, backcountry jumps, rails, trees, you name it. Has anyone found a board that can handle everything you throw at it?

Nivek 12-31-2013 03:16 PM

Well, depends on your focus. Some of these will land a little more park or a little more all mountain focused, but I could ride any of them as a one board quiver: Burton Custom FV, Parkitect, EL, Process Camber, K2 Happy Hour, Fastplant, Raygun, Yes Jackpot, Basic, Signal Freedom Machine flat or camber, Og Flat, Capita DOA, Flow Era, Blackout, Lib Hot Knife, Bataleon Whatever, Goliath, Funkin, Echelon Orion, Salomon Assassin, Time Machine, Rossi Retox, Nitro Rook, Arbor Blacklist, Westmark, Coda, Del Rey, Slash Happy Place, if 157 is your size the Capita DBX...

There are probably more...

hardasacatshead 12-31-2013 03:25 PM

Nivek you missed the Proto HD. I thought that's be the first on your list :D

linvillegorge 12-31-2013 03:26 PM

You're looking for an all-mountain board. The good old jack of all trades, master of none.

My suggestion would be to take an honest look at your riding style and what you do most. Get a board better suited for that style of riding that can also handle the rest of what you want to throw at it.

209Cali 12-31-2013 03:27 PM

I just picked up a 13/14 lib tech skate banana that I'm goin to be usin for everything

I wanted a twin tip rocker and have read the magnitraction holds really well on ice so I'm super doped to try it.

The negatives I've read about the skate banana is that it can wash out on big jumps, and that it has some chatter at high speeds

I'm 5'10'' 155lbs and went with a 154 size

theprocess 12-31-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardasacatshead (Post 1387209)
Nivek you missed the Proto HD. I thought that's be the first on your list :D

No Mervin boards either :D. If I could only have one board it would be a Lib TRS or Trice. But imo the TRS does everything ok but nothing very well (except for edge hold on ice)...hence the reason for the quiver.

BoardWalk 12-31-2013 03:45 PM

Ride Machete, good at everything...great at nothing.

Sassicaia 12-31-2013 04:13 PM

Closest I can find after going throu a slew of boards to find the one best at most.

Nidecker Snowboards - Snowboards - Ultralight

Great in power, great on groomers, great for jumps, fast and responsive. Not a board for parks, but thats a completely different sport all together.

Nivek 12-31-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprocess (Post 1387257)
No Mervin boards either :D. If I could only have one board it would be a Lib TRS or Trice. But imo the TRS does everything ok but nothing very well (except for edge hold on ice)...hence the reason for the quiver.

Did you actually read what I wrote?

Riley212 12-31-2013 04:55 PM

lib tech banana magic for me. it floats decent, holds up well at any speed in any condition, holds edge on ice, works ok for rails, lots of pop for jumps. i don't have experience with some of the newer boards though; like the hot knife, happyhour, assassin. I think one of those would take its place in my quiver