Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Can't quite nail it. Advice please Guru's (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/115857-cant-quite-nail-advice-please-gurus.html)

-Dan 01-01-2014 04:05 PM

Can't quite nail it. Advice please Guru's

Hey Guys,

I'm just shy of 6ft and about 95kg.

I'm an intermediate snowboarder, looking to purchase my first soft-ish all-mountain progressive board. (I know I'm asking a lot -.-).

I've tried the

- Bataleon Global Warmer 154
- Bataleon Evil Twin 154

The GW was great fun, easy to press, fun to butter on and throw about, but I'm not sure if for my weight is a little to flexy for my to be able to use it on most conditions on the mountain. Would a 157 make it a little more stable on choppy conditions?

The Evil Twin was good stability, but way to stiff for my liking.

I've seen the Bataleon Whatever, is this an in the middle alternative?

A few boards that have taken a liking too are (I'm open to all suggestions and experiences so please suggest boards that you think might be fitting!),

Burton Superhero
Bataleon Whatever
Nitro Rook
K2 Raygun

I suppose I'm looking for an all rounder that is a little on the softer side so I can play around on the mountain.

Also length suggestions would be great, I think between 156-158 is a good suit for my.

Thanks for your help guys!

Dan

SnowDogWax 01-01-2014 04:42 PM

Rome Garage Rocker $155 EVO.com -$10 code welcome can do park all mountain.

cav0011 01-01-2014 05:23 PM

The whatever does fit between the ET and GW, however the TBT profile on it is different. It is slightly more tbt then the ET. It is softer though but not as noodley as the GW.

snowklinger 01-01-2014 05:25 PM

I think the raygun would be perfect for you on that list, but more like 158-160.

I weigh 20lbs less than you and squash a 156. This is all preference, but thats my 2c.

Lovethebean 01-01-2014 06:22 PM

What kind of ridding do you like to do? Are you hitting the park at all? I'm asking because most of what you are considering are true twins so do you ride switch a lot?

If you do then I'm going to suggest a Rook 158, awesome board.

If no switch or park riding and you want a great versatile all mountain board I suggest a couple different boards. The Yes Basic 158 is a solid under rated deck that everyone seems to forget about and the Rossignol One Magtek 159 is also a great board.

ryguy15 01-01-2014 07:01 PM

I have a superhero and I love it

-Dan 01-02-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowDogWax (Post 1389457)
Rome Garage Rocker $155 EVO.com -$10 code welcome can do park all mountain.

looks promising, but I have a friend who snapped this board, is it because of the cheap wood? thanks for the reply!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cav0011 (Post 1389553)
The whatever does fit between the ET and GW, however the TBT profile on it is different. It is slightly more tbt then the ET. It is softer though but not as noodley as the GW.

What difference will more tbt make, as its going away from park tbt to freestyle tbt isn't it? thanks for the reply!

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowklinger (Post 1389569)
I think the raygun would be perfect for you on that list, but more like 158-160.

I weigh 20lbs less than you and squash a 156. This is all preference, but thats my 2c.

do you ride the raygun? how is its flex for buttering etc? I'd get the 158 as I still want to hit park up, thanks for the reply!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovethebean (Post 1389641)
What kind of ridding do you like to do? Are you hitting the park at all? I'm asking because most of what you are considering are true twins so do you ride switch a lot?

If you do then I'm going to suggest a Rook 158, awesome board.

If no switch or park riding and you want a great versatile all mountain board I suggest a couple different boards. The Yes Basic 158 is a solid under rated deck that everyone seems to forget about and the Rossignol One Magtek 159 is also a great board.

I do mostly park here in the UK (well try to! Lol) and when abroad, I hit off piste and park and just have fun around the mountain (finding natural hits etc). I want the ability to learn switch properly for 180's etc, which is why i'm looking for twin.

Have you tried the Rook? A lot of people are saying its quite stiff. thanks for the reply!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy15 (Post 1389745)
I have a superhero and I love it

Whats the flex like? I was suggested it in the board shop :) thanks for the reply!

ryguy15 01-02-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Dan (Post 1390641)

Whats the flex like? I was suggested it in the board shop :) thanks for the reply!

The superhero has squeeze box which is Burton's core profiling technology which means the core is thinner between and under the bindings and by the tip and tail and that the core is thicker outside bindings. I think the flex overall is a medium but you can for sure feel the squeeze box. I like it though it makes the board feel more poppy and maneuverable. It is hard to describe but hopefully this helps.

Riley212 01-02-2014 11:29 AM

I recommend the salomon villain, soft but not too soft, im 175 lbs and riding a 155 all over the mountain you might like the 155 as well as you seem to like shorter boards, if you think the villain might be too soft for you the salomon assassin is the same board just slightly stiffer and slightly longer tips.

Lovethebean 01-02-2014 11:42 AM

I rode a Rook for two years and loved it, one of my favorite boards ever. Did not find it too stiff and being 175 lbs neither will you.